Need New Cheap IEMS
Aug 30, 2010 at 10:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

inyoeye

New Head-Fier
Being a student and having a Zune, I frequently use IEMs due to their portable nature.

I first had Sennheiser CX-300s, but I lost them at a friends house.

Then I replaced them by buying some Maximo IM-590s, but within several months the wire was bent, and sound only comes out of one side unless I bend the wire and hold it in place.

Because I'm only a student and do no have a job, I decided to just fall back on the free Zune earphones that came with my Zune.

Unfortunately, I brought them to the beach where sand got in them and now one ear ceases to function.

I've come to realize that I do not take care of my earphones very well but I've grown used to having higher quality. I'm looking for recommendations for IEMs that are cheap yet somewhat sturdy. I'm hoping for under $40 but I would prefer much lower. I'm thinking about just buying JVC Marshmallow's and modding them, but I just wanted to know if theres a new IEM that offers the same cost/value.

Aug 30, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #4 of 7
If you're looking for a good pair of cheap IEMs, I'd take a look at the MEElectronics M9. If you hurry, you can take advantage of their "M What?" promotion in which $20 buys you a random MEElectronics IEM. No matter what, the "worst" you can do is get a pair of M9s which are very good for the price. Who knows? You might get lucky and manage to snag a pair of the M6s or the new M11+.

The promotion ends tomorrow so you'll have to act quickly but I think any of those IEMs will suit your needs. They're very durable in my experience so you shouldn't have much to worry about in that regard.

EDIT: Whoops. Here's a link to the site where the promotion is held.

Aug 30, 2010 at 10:35 PM Post #5 of 7
Last I checked iM-590s came with a 2-year warranty.

But I agree, if that fails the Meelec "M What?" promotion is an excellent proposition. Great build quality on their earphones and warranty service is quite painless.

Aug 31, 2010 at 2:25 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
If you're looking for a good pair of cheap IEMs, I'd take a look at the MEElectronics M9. If you hurry, you can take advantage of their "M What?" promotion in which $20 buys you a random MEElectronics IEM. No matter what, the "worst" you can do is get a pair of M9s which are very good for the price. Who knows? You might get lucky and manage to snag a pair of the M6s or the new M11+.

The promotion ends tomorrow so you'll have to act quickly but I think any of those IEMs will suit your needs. They're very durable in my experience so you shouldn't have much to worry about in that regard.

EDIT: Whoops. Here's a link to the site where the promotion is held.

Thank you for showing me this! I ordered one, going to keep my fingers crossed.

Quote:
Last I checked iM-590s came with a 2-year warranty.

But I agree, if that fails the Meelec "M What?" promotion is an excellent proposition. Great build quality on their earphones and warranty service is quite painless.

Yeah, but I'm not certain that regular wear and tear falls under the warranty conditions.

Aug 31, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
Then I replaced them by buying some Maximo IM-590s, but within several months the wire was bent, and sound only comes out of one side unless I bend the wire and hold it in place.

This should be covered under warranty. And fyi, the cable and connector have been recently upgraded to a more durable version that should alleviate these problems. If you haven't already, please go to our support page to enter an RMA request.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back