Need Mini³ or something similar ((soon)) for 100$ or less =\
Apr 2, 2008 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

AudioSmurf93

Head-Fier
Gots to get something to amp up my Grado SR225s! They sound wonderful, but I know they have more potential with my portable player. My idea at this point is to find a used Mini³ for $100 or under...but I can negociate other things.

The main problem is that I am leaving town for Europe for an extended amount of time and would like to have the amp prior to my trip. I leave on April 11th and will be staying at a residence that is not my own...so I don't really want to be ordering stuff to it.

Where can I get something on short notice guys?

Would appreciate emails, because I have it linked to my phone which I check like a madman.

You can email me through my profile page and I'll love you for it =)

But if you'd rather not email me, I'll be checking the thread several times daily, so post away.

Thanks a crapload in advance,
~D.J.B.

Apr 3, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #4 of 6
i could build you a mini3 in your price range*

i dont do chassis work/machining because i dont have the proper equipment; you could skip it to get this project into your price range

the accucycle rechargeable battery and wallwart add almost $20 to the cost...You could probably get this done for under 100 incl shipping by cutting the "accessories"

i am in the process of selling my mini^3 COMPELTELY barebone. if youre interested in something similar i may be interested in making another one.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f42/wtb-mini-3-a-312623/

costs to you beyond the actual materials would probably be mostly overhead expenses like the gas for my iron and the higher quality solder i am now using (will turn out better than my first mini^3).

9 days is very short notice. i'd have doubts that i could get the kit in time, the mini3 will probably take me a few hours + testing, then ship it back....that's chancing it

Apr 3, 2008 at 6:21 AM Post #5 of 6
If you need an amp fast before the trip....buy something in the for sale forum that you can always sell or trade for a mini3 later, just for the trip............or maybe youll end up loving whatever ya buy and keep it!

Apr 3, 2008 at 6:23 AM Post #6 of 6
mini^3 is a ;great amp. it competes with the $200-300 amps and its only $100. theirs plenty around here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back