Need... Lots of Help. Questions on modding Asus Xonar STX
Sep 25, 2013 at 5:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

KeyboardMonkey

New Head-Fier
Ok so I'm building a new computer and... Really I am just looking to mod the **** out this card. Also, I'm a complete noob looking for money to spend.

The Xonar STX comes with interchangeable OP AMPs and after researching for the best choice of the OP AMPs, I've come across some scary looking mods.

http://www.fotothing.com/fotosofSPACE/photo/1485b7c6a369bd632a957ec914649611/

Is one that I really admire and want to attempt the build if possible.

So now onto the questions...

Is buying the Burson HD 101's cost efficient enough to not buy a normal chip like a LM49720NA for the card?

What is the purpose of the Audio-GD Clock on the mod I listed above? Is it necessary? I've seen some builds with just the 3 Bursons and no Audio-GD Clock.

If I do end up getting the Bursons or the Audio-GD Clock, how would one go about setting up and soldering them onto the STX? If they need to be soldered.

What is the purpose of the EMI sheild that comes stock on the card? I know it shields the chips from EMI (Obviously) but on some mods with 3 Bursons it's completely off. Is this ok?

One last thing, where is a good place to buy the Bursons, Audio-GD Clocks, and other chips?

I realize I'm asking a lot here, but anyone with any information on anything I'm talking about or opinions on the build I'd love to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back