Need Legit Headphones. Got $150
Mar 3, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #16 of 20
I would too, but then I've encountered people who said that for them, say, V-MODA LP2s weren't bass-y enough
eek.gif
 They are total overkill for me though while the M80s are just fine.

Mar 3, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #17 of 20
If I were you I would stay away from the Beats brand for one simple reason, once you get them out of the Best Buy they have little value.  Beats are quickly losing resale value on the used market because there are a great deal of fake Beats out there.  Just check your local craigslist and see how many people are claiming to sell "New In Box" Beats products.  The NYTimes recently ran a story about an arrest in NYC where the police found nearly 3,700 pair of fake Beats (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/25/nyregion/imitation-apple-iphones-become-more-common.html).  The problem is so bad Beats has addressed theissue on their website. 

If I were you I would look into Ultrasones, I believe their sonic signature would fit well with whatyou are looking at.  May be more difficult to try a pair out because they are a less available brand, but I believe Guitar Center usually stocks some of their sub $300 models.  I would recomend the Hifi 580 or for the most bang for your buck you can get the Hifi 780's on Amazon right now for $151 new.  A great deal on a good sounding pair of cloased back headphones.  Not as stylish as the Beats or Vmoda's, but these would be a superior sonic phone. 

Here is a link to a website big on the Ultrasone's but discuss different headphones at different prices http://www.goodcans.com/HeadphoneReviews/Reviewss/recommendations.html

You may also consider the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II's - again within your price range on Amazon.  Different style, but great sound for a good price and super portable.  Best of luck.

Mar 3, 2012 at 7:13 AM Post #18 of 20

Quote:
If I were you I would stay away from the Beats brand for one simple reason, once you get them out of the Best Buy they have little value.  Beats are quickly losing resale value on the used market because there are a great deal of fake Beats out there.  Just check your local craigslist and see how many people are claiming to sell "New In Box" Beats products.  The NYTimes recently ran a story about an arrest in NYC where the police found nearly 3,700 pair of fake Beats (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/25/nyregion/imitation-apple-iphones-become-more-common.html).  The problem is so bad Beats has addressed theissue on their website. 

If I were you I would look into Ultrasones, I believe their sonic signature would fit well with whatyou are looking at.  May be more difficult to try a pair out because they are a less available brand, but I believe Guitar Center usually stocks some of their sub $300 models.  I would recomend the Hifi 580 or for the most bang for your buck you can get the Hifi 780's on Amazon right now for $151 new.  A great deal on a good sounding pair of cloased back headphones.  Not as stylish as the Beats or Vmoda's, but these would be a superior sonic phone. 

Here is a link to a website big on the Ultrasone's but discuss different headphones at different prices http://www.goodcans.com/HeadphoneReviews/Reviewss/recommendations.html

You may also consider the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II's - again within your price range on Amazon.  Different style, but great sound for a good price and super portable.  Best of luck.

I was surprised to find that "punchy" really accurately describes the bass on the HD25-1ii. Its like a tiny leprechaun boxing your drums, and I was surprised to find it quite enjoyable

Mar 3, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #19 of 20
So in that case they're probably "bass monsters" from my perspective. I don't remember the SR-225/325 or GS-1000 being very bassy headphones though. I did think the SR-225 were reasonably well suited to electronic music, and I'm not saying bad advice has been given here - just a new one to read.

Quote:
I would too, but then I've encountered people who said that for them, say, V-MODA LP2s weren't bass-y enough
eek.gif
 They are total overkill for me though while the M80s are just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back