Need Input: Looking for heavy bass headphones under $100
Apr 11, 2012 at 3:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SteeziN

New Head-Fier
Let me start by saying I did browse 4-5 previous threads on this topic, but I have questions that weren't answered in any specific manner. I currently use SK Pros and they're great at dissecting the individual aspects of a song so that I can hear things well. I consider that to be fairly good sound quality, but I have no idea how they stack up to others. If there's a pair of headphones that has bass about 2-3 times heavier while retaining a majority of the sound quality, that's what I'm looking for. Basically, this:

1. Bass that can be compared to Skullcrushers in terms of the actual physical impact it makes. This makes listening to heavy drops and such a totally different experience.
  2. Sound quality that beats Skullcrushers; surely that isn't too difficult. I remember noticing how flat everything sounded whenever I listened to my old pair.

The other thing I want to ask about is getting a headphone amplifier. The Fiio E6 looks like a good bargain, so I'd probably go with that. For those of you that have an E6 or similar, is there a noticeable bass adjustment when listening to SK pros (or something else engineered for quality over bass)? In other words, could I skip getting a new pair and get an amplifier instead to satisfy my lust for crushing bass vibrations in my cranium? If there are bass-heavy amplifiers are out there, are those worth looking at?

Thank you for any responses.

Apr 11, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #2 of 6
XB500 sounds like what you're looking for, XB700s have less bass but are more refined and have greater soundstage.
Other than that, the DT-770 Pro 80ohm have some physical slam to them but you a little out of your price range ($150).

You may also want to look into the Digizoid ZO 2 amplifier, a little on the pricey side when compared to the FiiOs however.

Apr 11, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #3 of 6
Sony XB series. I have the 500s and with all my media playrr EQs tweaked for OPTIMUM bassage, they literally sound like you're sitting in a car with subs.

Not to mention they're extremely comfortable and are on sale for 49$. Free shipping. Considering the fact that they retail for 80$, you can't go wrong with that.

[Sent from my HTC Inspire via Tapatalk 2 Final :) Pardon errors.]

Apr 12, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #5 of 6
AWESOME! Let us know how they are...hopefully you'll love them as much as I do. I can't get enough of the head vibrating bass. :cool:

[Sent from my HTC Inspire via Tapatalk 2.0 :) Pardon errors.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back