Need Information about the available DIY amps
May 7, 2007 at 5:07 PM Post #17 of 24
@ munchkin If it is the B22 that you are settled on, it may be worth speaking to Jeff (jrossel) and see if he is willing to ship the entire kit to you. A single shipment , even if hit by customs, may still be the most cost effective option for you. Perhaps drop the transformer to keep the weight down? He has several kits to suite different configurations of AMB's B22 as well as the S22. I can vouch for him as well as several other DIY'rs on this and the other forum. good luck..dB

May 7, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jeff Rossel's kits are definitely the best way to go for low-cost complete solutions. Even when changing/upgrading several parts as I have, it still works out costing less to order a kit from him and buy the few different components you need.

Ditto that... From poking around here & elsewhere decided to go w/Jeff's Level 1 SOHA kit as my 1st headamp build. I did upgrade some parts, but didn't have to as the $91 + change default kit is hard (impossible?) to beat for a SOHA unless you have parts around (otherwise, probably need parts from at least 3 places).

It came out working great & will likely do a couple mods but probably won't resist building a Millett Hybrid Max when boards, etc. show up.

Lots of possibilities & fun out there to be had....

May 7, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #20 of 24
I have already contacted Jeff, I found him on the headwize site.. I do think it will probably work out cheaper to get a kit from him.. Thanks again for all the help..

Anyone else building a B22 and S22 kit from Jeff?

May 7, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by munchkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have already contacted Jeff, I found him on the headwize site.. I do think it will probably work out cheaper to get a kit from him.. Thanks again for all the help..

Anyone else building a B22 and S22 kit from Jeff?

I plan on building a 3 board b22 with a s22 very soon.
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back