Need help with Sony CD 3000 cable
Jul 17, 2008 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Timber Man

New Head-Fier
Have a Sony CD 3000 and today the sound was going crazy---The culprit was the cable from the headphone just an inch or so from a rubber relief. Not bad years and years of use and it just goes bad now.

Looking at the headset is there a trick in getting into the earpiece and cutting out the bad area and re-wiring the cable?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Timber Man

Jul 18, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chop it, re-terminate.

It is at the cup end, if I read correctly....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timber Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have a Sony CD 3000 and today the sound was going crazy---The culprit was the cable from the headphone just an inch or so from a rubber relief. Not bad years and years of use and it just goes bad now.

Looking at the headset is there a trick in getting into the earpiece and cutting out the bad area and re-wiring the cable?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Timber Man

You mean on the earpiece, yes it is pretty easy, you just have to remove the screws, open it, the cable is soldered inside, IMO it is pretty easy...I could send a set of pictures for an small fee......nah...just joking...do not forget that I was the CD3KLF president!!!...Send me an email by PM, and I will include a set of pics in my reply, that were posted here some place with the details of how to open it...the screws sometimes get stock, so use the proper tools, otherwise you will end damaging the heads...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back