Need help with Sonicstage
Apr 7, 2006 at 1:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

JT22

Banned
Well I just installed Sonicstage 3.4, and my minidisc works just fine with it, but when I try to work Sonicstage with my NW-E405, I get an error saying that for in order to me to install songs on it, I must delete all of the songs on it first! How can I delete songs on it without Sonicstage? Is there any way possible?
confused.gif
Thanks

Apr 7, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #2 of 10
I wish i could help you with that..............im still trying to find a way to load the MP3s on my pc to the MD without having to put them all on a CD first!!!
rolleyes.gif

Apr 7, 2006 at 5:29 AM Post #3 of 10
My friend has a minidisc player and he does this:

1) Use Winamp to write the mp3's out to wav

2) use sonicstage to import the wav files in and transfer

that way, you're not really re-compressing an already compressed file, but an uncompressed wav. No quality will be gained, but you retain the quality you have.

Apr 7, 2006 at 5:29 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by JT22
Well I just installed Sonicstage 3.4, and my minidisc works just fine with it, but when I try to work Sonicstage with my NW-E405, I get an error saying that for in order to me to install songs on it, I must delete all of the songs on it first! How can I delete songs on it without Sonicstage? Is there any way possible?
confused.gif
Thanks

Found this on the Sony website, hope it helps.

Linky

Apr 7, 2006 at 6:22 AM Post #5 of 10
Hello
I own a MZDH10p HiMD player. The best thing you can do is to go to the "minidisc community forums" . The address is: http://forums.minidisc.org .
People there are very friendly and they will help you.
About the mp3 player question you can go to the atrac life forum: www.atraclife.com .

Apr 7, 2006 at 6:28 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverBlade
My friend has a minidisc player and he does this:

1) Use Winamp to write the mp3's out to wav

2) use sonicstage to import the wav files in and transfer

that way, you're not really re-compressing an already compressed file, but an uncompressed wav. No quality will be gained, but you retain the quality you have.

I think that if you go mp3 ---> atrac you will lose the same quality as going mp3 ---> wav ---> atrac. It's 1 step less

Apr 7, 2006 at 6:29 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n
I wish i could help you with that..............im still trying to find a way to load the MP3s on my pc to the MD without having to put them all on a CD first!!!
rolleyes.gif

Use SonicStage to import the mp3s and the transfer them to you minidisc.

Apr 7, 2006 at 8:04 PM Post #8 of 10
i got the same message with my hd3 when i switched to sonicstage 3.4. I don't know about the 405, but on mine, if I press the Menu button and scroll down to "format" I have the choice to "initialize hard disc" that clears everything and you start from the beginning.
or alternately, your PC probably recognizes it as an external drive so you can open it in windows explorer and clear the contents from there.

Apr 8, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #9 of 10
Thanks for the help everybody! I finally figured out how to do it by initializing the hard disk on sonicstage. It wasn't easy..... but wow, the new Sonicstage 3.4 is very good compared to the previous versions!

Apr 14, 2006 at 2:52 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastianbf
Use SonicStage to import the mp3s and the transfer them to you minidisc.

Thankyou ,i would....but the only two choices the menu on sonic stage gave me are E and D.

Thats all it gave me a choice of to take files from,and one is my DVD drive and the other is my CD burner drive.
Theres nothing on the menu for C,so i can even access any other files or folders.
I want to put songs from my PC to my MD,but theres no way to do it,unless everyone has a different version of sonicstage than i do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back