Need help with Shure se215
Jun 28, 2014 at 8:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

GuacalaQueRico

New Head-Fier
¡Hi! I just bought the Shures se215 in a sale, for 80 dollars (a nice deal for me), i'm waiting for them to arrive, but i've seen in this forum that a lot of people have problems with them, loose connections, faulty cables etc... So if you guys can tell me some ways to detect a faulty unit that would be great, the store where I bought them have a 15 days refund policy, if I don't like them (i'm sure that I will like them, they're better than the Sennheiser CX 215) or if there's a problem with them they give me back my money and they pay all the shipment.

Thanks for the help, and sorry for the bad English :D

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #4 of 10
Be hopeful and confident that they will arrive and work issue-free!

I've found my pair to be extremely resilient. They are my gym headphones. Perhaps I treat them this way because I managed to purchase them for $36 open-box at London Drugs two years ago.

Jun 29, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #5 of 10
Don't worry about problems yet, especially if you bought them from somewhere with a good return policy. I got mine from a pawn shop and you could tell they had been well used, still they work great to this day.

Jun 29, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #6 of 10
Be hopeful and confident that they will arrive and work issue-free!

I've found my pair to be extremely resilient. They are my gym headphones. Perhaps I treat them this way because I managed to purchase them for $36 open-box at London Drugs two years ago.

Awesome, thank you. Hope that these IEMS last me more than my CX 215, they hardly survived a year. I don't know if all the Kevlar cable stuff is only marketing, but it looks more resistant and overall better to me. How do I close the thread in the mobile website version? :D

Jul 1, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #8 of 10
The right side lose connection at certain angles
frown.gif
What I should do?

If under guarantee send back to seller for new pair. Alternatively try cleaning the contacts.

Jul 1, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #9 of 10
The right side lose connection at certain angles
frown.gif
What I should do?

If under guarantee send back to seller for new pair. Alternatively try cleaning the contacts.

¿How do I clean them? I think I'll go with a replacement, I didn't used them more than 1 hour... It fixes if I move the cable to certain angles, but I don't know how faulty the unit is and if the problem will increase.

Jul 1, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #10 of 10
¿How do I clean them? I think I'll go with a replacement, I didn't used them more than 1 hour... It fixes if I move the cable to certain angles, but I don't know how faulty the unit is and if the problem will increase.

Remove the cable and clean the contacts with a q-tip and some metho. Be sure it evaporates properly. If it continues to cut out return them if possible. Shure connections are known for this issue. It could also simply be a coating if oil used to protect the metal in the factory. Some 3.5mm jack when new simply need a quick clean. My guess is its faulty though sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back