Need Help With Jasmine T-200 - No Right Channel
Sep 24, 2013 at 5:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

dfleming

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

I am having trouble with my T-200 amp, specifically the right tube socket with the 5670 tube in it.

My uncle gifted this to me and lord knows how long its been sitting in a dusty closet. Ever since I have had it the right channel has been acting up, meaning that when I turn it on the left channel is clear as a bell and the right channel is completely dead, at least at first. Up until this week if I turn it off and take the tube out and put it back in, it will start working and I love it. Now, nothing is happening and the right channel stays dead.

I have tried swapping both tubes back and fourth, letting it warm up for 30 minutes, cleaning the socket with a little between the teeth brush, cleaning the tubes with a cloth and still, always, the right channel is dead.

I am a complete novice with tube amps and I don't know if I should just throw this thing away, get new tubes, or have the socket repaired (or repair it myself as I have some skill with a soldering iron).

I love listening to grateful dead tapes with my hd 600s but I am completely fed up messing with this thing! Please help.

Drew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back