Need help with HD-25 disassembly
Feb 7, 2008 at 11:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Moonwalker

100+ Head-Fier
Hi folks!

Can someone help me with clue how to open cups of the HD-25? I'd like to try rotate the cups and there might be hair buzzing inside the driver.

Thanks

Moonwalker

Feb 7, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #2 of 6
If you mean inverted on the guides that carry them - they simply pull off beyond the end stop and can then be pushed on inverted (with the cable sockets downwards).

Feb 8, 2008 at 8:21 AM Post #3 of 6
Thanx, jirams, for helping me! I'll try that tonight.

For second question: Is there a way to open the cup, remove driver and check for hair in them? I know the driver is protected by some sort of filter paper, so no actual diaphragm is visible form the front side.

Great community, I must say, after all the years here!

Moonwalker

Feb 8, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #5 of 6
ditto on nix to you opening cup assembly........extremely fine connecting wires inside - and I've yet to hear of the "hair buzzing inside" phenomena with them........which is grossly overplayed by some certain folks here. While it is sometimes true re Grado's very open construction - it does not tend to be true across the board. I own both HD25, and HME25.

Feb 11, 2008 at 9:45 AM Post #6 of 6
Thanks guys, for the remarks!
I found the thread with pics of the broken voice coil wire - sad
frown.gif

So long I will not try to open them, unless i know how to do it safely -from some service maual or so.
The hair or something must wait - it's minor issue and I don't want to give them to repair shop now.

Moonwalker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back