Need Help With Fiio D3
Oct 18, 2011 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

iamloco724

100+ Head-Fier
so i bought the fiio d3 cause i wanted sound from my ps3 through headphones i was also goign to use it for general tv use as well so i connected the optical on the tv to the optical on the d3 put the tv on mute cause i only wanna hear it through the headphones and i connect my rca y headphones cable to the d3 plug in the headphones and i have no sound

i then try to connect the d3 directly to the ps3 and still no sound

i have the d3 set for optical..i am not sure what i am doing wrong..mind you this is my first hdtv and first time dealing with optical cable but everything was as secure as it could be

this is my tv

Panasonic VIERA TC-L37DT30 37-Inch 1080p 3D LED HDTV

any ideas?

Oct 19, 2011 at 3:57 AM Post #5 of 7
Well i figured that out it was something stupid i did a quick google search and realized i didnt take the plastic caps off the optical cable

So now i got audio but have a minor issue i wanted to be able to plug in my headphones into the dac and not have to mute the tv but i think i cant do that cause im running hdmi audio so since im using optical its not taking over the hdmi when i plug in headphones

If theres anyway i can accomplish that im open to suggestions

Oct 20, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #6 of 7
Why not just hook the D3 into the Optical output on the back of your PS3?
Note: If you do this, be sure to set your output codec settings so you only output 2ch PCM.

Oct 20, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #7 of 7
i wanted to do the tv cause im also using headphones on my popcorn hour media player right now i have rca y cable to headphone jack pluged into the rca jacks on the popcorn hour so i wanted it on the tv so i had it for everything

Users who are viewing this thread

Back