Need help with connecting HD700 to BLURAY player and desktop AMP suggestions?
Apr 21, 2013 at 2:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Scarfaace

New Head-Fier
Hi, as you can probably tell I am new to head-fi and I am not an audiophile just yet. I previously used Sony in-ear and overhead headphones and a few sennheiser low end models.

I always felt the need to buy some high end headphones but always replaced it with headphones which are slightly better. I finally made up my mind to get HD700s for home use after doing ample amount of research placed my order will be receiving them this wednesday.

I need help in knowing what is the best way to connect them to my Bluray player?
I have a SONY [size=10.909090995788574px]BDPS390[/size]
http://www.sony.com.au/product/bdp-s390

It has HDMI, Optical, Coaxical and analogue outputs. What would give me the best possible music output without any degradation?
when connecting it to directly to 6.5mm jack (also have a Grado 3.5mm converter but I prefer connecting it directly to 6.5) . What sort of adaptors or converters can I buy for this particular connection?
I will be using this until I buy an AMP for my PCs. What is a good AMP that goes with the HD700 for around
$200 - $400AUD?

I listen to mainly Trance, Hard style, Rock, Classical, Electronic and their sub-genres. 
Thanks a lot.
Scar.

Apr 21, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #2 of 2
One more thing HDMI from player connected to HDTV ...So would the other outputs be active from the player? I also have a Digital Audio output (optical) on my TV would that be ideal?. Just a simple confusion  :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back