Need help with cables
Apr 30, 2018 at 5:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ultramabi

Head-Fier
Sorry I need help trying to decide if I should go with more expensive cables or cheaper ones. I am new to audio but bought an amp/dac that requires rca cables. I am wondering if I should buy more expensive versions of the following:

1) Rca cables
2) 1/8 to dual rca cables
3) And lastly a digital coaxial cable. (Does length matter for this one? Is 25ft. too long?)

Please let me know as I’m newb to audio.

Apr 30, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #4 of 7
From the Amazon listing, it looks like the RCA/Coaxial terminals on the back are outputs, not inputs. You should be able to attach that to your computer via usb and be just fine.

Apr 30, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #5 of 7
I have upgraded all the cables in my chain to a moderate level.All made a difference in sound quality.The one cable that had the most positive impact on my system is oddly missing from your list,the power cable.Dont overlook that piece.

Cables,and their value in a system is a hotly debated topic.Some swear by spending thousands on cables,while others stick with the stock stuff and anything else is "snake oil"
I didnt go crazy $ wise upgrading,but I can def hear a difference.

May 1, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #6 of 7
Sorry I need help trying to decide if I should go with more expensive cables or cheaper ones. I am new to audio but bought an amp/dac that requires RCA cables. I am wondering if I should buy more expensive versions of the following:
1) RCA cables
2) 1/8 to dual RCA cables
3) And lastly a digital coaxial cable. (Does length matter for this one? Is 25ft. too long?)
Please let me know as I’m newb to audio.

I usually buy Monoprice "Premium" cables.
https://www.monoprice.com/

May 1, 2018 at 1:11 AM Post #7 of 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back