1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with cables

1. ultramabi
    Sorry I need help trying to decide if I should go with more expensive cables or cheaper ones. I am new to audio but bought an amp/dac that requires rca cables. I am wondering if I should buy more expensive versions of the following:

1) Rca cables
    2) 1/8 to dual rca cables
    3) And lastly a digital coaxial cable. (Does length matter for this one? Is 25ft. too long?)

Please let me know as I’m newb to audio.

2. liquidzoo
    What AMP/DAC did you buy that needs RCAs?

Knowing that will help determine what you might need.

3. ultramabi
    I bought a NuForce udac5 but will probably upgrade to schiit products in the near future unless I find a better option.

4. liquidzoo
    From the Amazon listing, it looks like the RCA/Coaxial terminals on the back are outputs, not inputs. You should be able to attach that to your computer via usb and be just fine.

5. Monsterzero
    I have upgraded all the cables in my chain to a moderate level.All made a difference in sound quality.The one cable that had the most positive impact on my system is oddly missing from your list,the power cable.Dont overlook that piece.

Cables,and their value in a system is a hotly debated topic.Some swear by spending thousands on cables,while others stick with the stock stuff and anything else is "snake oil"
    I didnt go crazy $ wise upgrading,but I can def hear a difference.

6. PurpleAngel Contributor
    I usually buy Monoprice "Premium" cables.
    https://www.monoprice.com/

7. PurpleAngel Contributor