Need help with buying speaker for college
Jul 23, 2007 at 7:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

DSlayerZX

500+ Head-Fier
Hello guys, this is my situation.
I am currently going to college, I was using a set of speaker that I bought in Taiwan, but here is the problem... after 3 years of usage, I realized that the sub woofer of the speaker had died. The sub woofer is built together with the amplifier for the two small speakers... so... basically I no longer have any bass production unless I change to a new set of speakers.

I am looking for a 2.1 or surround speaker system along with amplifier built into one of them so that it doesn't take much space.... yeah... I live in College, space is pretty small... plus the fact that my headphone rig will take away a pretty good amount of space also.

My price is line is 500 dollar max,
somewhere between 100 to 300 is my idea price, so.. ur.. any suggestion?

(if it is possible, is there anyway that I can get surround sound system with that price, since I am considering buying a PS3... =_=)

Jul 24, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #2 of 7
I hate to recomend m-audio cause they are big and well known, but i got my dad their 100 dollar powered monitors, and they sound amazing for 100 bucks, they slaughter other computer speakers i have heard. and my friend was really raving about their 300 dollar monitors. (for the price)

of course, my mackies stab them both in the stomach and cut their heads off
confused.gif
but they are more expensive

Jul 24, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 for now and upgrade later. You don't want the neighbors (or your roommate) complaining or accidentally ruining expensive speakers.
evil_smiley.gif

X2 I bought a set off ebay for $90 shipped and use them on my screened in porch. I could really piss off the neighbors if I wanted to...these things crank and sound very good. Bass is very tight and deep (I keep the bass turned way down) and the mids although a little thin are there, highs are crisp and not harsh. Good luck in school

Jul 25, 2007 at 10:58 AM Post #5 of 7
this may be against my better judgment toward space, but how does a swan m200mkII sound? @@

Jul 25, 2007 at 1:43 PM Post #7 of 7
Look at the Insignia speakers at Best Buy or Radiient speakers with a good 8-10 inch sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back