Need help with 1/8" to 1/8" adapter / extension
Nov 16, 2013 at 6:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mwolverine87

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I recently bought an LG Nexus 5 and a Spigen Ultra Hybrid case to accompany it. Unfortunately, the size of the hole on the case for the earphone jack (7mmx7mm circle) isn't big enough for my Shure SE 215 housing (roughly 9mmx9mm). I tried scraping out the case but to no avail (in fact, scratched the case and am getting a new one!)

I have been looking for something similar to a recessed jack adapter that old iphone users used to use, but those seem to convert stereo to mono output. I am also at a loss as to what type of product will not reduce the sound quality of the Shure headphones. I also just realized that an extension cord with a recessed jack would be a good option, but what should I look for that won't affect sound quality?

Any help would be much appreciated, as I have no clue where to start looking. Thanks so much!

Nov 16, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #3 of 5
I am having the same odd issue.

I have 681b's with a screw on 1/4" adaptor and a regular plug on for others, but neither of them work with several cables I have or IEMs.

The 3.5 is either loose or does not insert fully, causing a mono/dropout/null effect in the channels.

Nov 27, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the suggestion. With the custom hp cable I have I don't want to use a poor sounding plug to get this smaller diametre 3.5mm to fit. That kinda defeats the purpose, yeh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back