Need help. What earbuds to buy
Nov 4, 2014 at 4:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

FlyHighIcarus

New Head-Fier
Hi.

I'm looking for a new pair of earbuds. My requirements are ofcourse good sound quality, inline media controls (volume up/down, pause) and comfortable for 80 bucks or less.

Thanks

Apr 3, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #3 of 3
What kind of sound signature are you looking for? I would second dark tattoo's recommendation to at least check out MEE phones. The pro 6 are under $70 online at Costco (in Canadian dollars even). I recently picked up a pair of pinnacle P1's which are more $199. But give a great detailed and balanced presentation.

I've also enjoyed klipsch S3 and S4's which give a decent v shaped sound presentation for the price and both should be available in your price range.

The sennheiser momentum IEM are also near the price range you mention and are generally well reviewed but my experience with them was on the whole lackluster. They only come with a couple different sizes of silicone tips which come off the earphone quite easily. I've had to use tweezers to dig a tip out of my canal many times (one time I even had to go buy a pair of tweezers while at a hotel). I certainly didn't find them to be very detailed and without a good seal the bass is weak (but then there's the problem of having to dig a tip out of the ear canal if you try to put them in deep enough to get a good seal.). But if you read many reviews you will probably find my opinion to be in the minority. Either way I think there are a lot better value options in their price range

Users who are viewing this thread

Back