Need help URGENTLY! Cannot decide between 'Yamaha HPH-PRO500', 'Denon AH-D600' & 'Denon AH-D401'
Aug 15, 2013 at 3:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ismaeel7

New Head-Fier
I am new to this forum, and would appreciate the help from you Head-Fi'ers. It is pretty clear I am after a pair of headphones with some serious bass, but which ones to get?
Price is not an issue, as I have found all 3 pairs, for the same price and can easily purchase any of them.
What I am actually after is, some advice, as to which headphones have the most, viscous bass. I do know that bass is not all to look for, so that is why I am asking for help as to which will give me the most bass but at the same time, produce that crystal clear clarity. (if that is even possible!) Thanks.

Aug 15, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 7
Try the Philips X1. People around here don't like the D600 - I'll be testing it out this weekend and let you know my comparison to the X1 if you like.

Aug 16, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #4 of 7
I'm of the opinion that a few people have an opinion that the D600s look ugly, however in general people like the sound - http://www.head-fi.org/t/620938/new-denon-music-maniac-urban-raver-lines-d7100-d600-d400-c300-appreciation-thread

If you love bass, get the D600s. If you want a headphone that other people think sounds good, the PRO500s have been more popular here in that regard from my reading of the various threads about them.

Aug 16, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #5 of 7
I have the D600 and I love the sound; bass is tight and goes really deep. Electronic and bass oriented music sound incredible. You can get them for around $250 - 300 dollars which is a great deal. Another options are the V Moda M100, Ultrasone Pro 900, DT 770.

Aug 17, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #6 of 7
Ismaeel, I A/B tested the X1's against the d600 today. I'll post more details in the X1 thread later, but long story short don't buy the D600. I really wanted to like them, but can't recommend them in any scenario. Good bass, but awful in other areas. I recommend getting the X1's for good bass + good all around sound. Otherwise, from what I've read, people say the denon d2000 is similar in this respect (bass/all-around) - you should be able to find one used in your price range.

Aug 18, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #7 of 7
Thank you Ethan, I appreciate the help. I shall give it some more time before I decide to buy a pair! Thanks guys
Also would anyone care to inform me on how well the Yamaha hph-pro500's perform? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back