Need help to spend my money - new hobby
Aug 31, 2007 at 10:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 78

Patrick82

Banned
I'm not going to spend any more money on audio because I don't need to. But what will I spend my money on next?

Are there any hobbies where you can keep on going for years? I'm not going to do any hobbies with engines because then there will be problems in the future. Any recommendations?

Aug 31, 2007 at 10:47 AM Post #5 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnywolfet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
patrick, if you dont mind me asking, what do you actually do professionally?

I play billiards. But it is boring, last season I won 30% of all tournaments I entered. I like to lose more than win. In the last tournament I left before the final and they wondered why.
If I don't have a hobby to spend the money on, there would be no point in winning anymore. Another season just started and there's no reason to play tournaments.

Aug 31, 2007 at 10:48 AM Post #6 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnywolfet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
patrick, if you dont mind me asking, what do you actually do professionally?

Or unprofessionally even?

Yeah, where do you get your money Patrick?

Anyway, how about radio controlled helicopters? Bigger electric ones, I mean. You can have years of expensive fun there.

Or maybe take up pistol shooting?

Aug 31, 2007 at 10:49 AM Post #7 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I play billiards. But it is boring, last season I won 30% of all tournaments I entered. I like to lose more than win. In the last tournament I left before the final and they wondered why.
If I don't have a hobby to spend the money on, there would be no point in winning anymore. Another season just started and there's no reason to play tournaments.

AH so your a pool shark! That's a handy skill. Do you have any other source of money?

Aug 31, 2007 at 11:01 AM Post #8 of 78
Patrick, do you play 8 ball or 9 ball? or both? I love pool.

Aug 31, 2007 at 11:08 AM Post #9 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyway, how about radio controlled helicopters? Bigger electric ones, I mean. You can have years of expensive fun there.

Or maybe take up pistol shooting?

In my last dream I dreamt about pistol shooting but couldn't hit the target. Then I was in a forest on top of the trees jumping from one tree to another, then I found myself in a basketball court but couldn't hit the basket.

Quote:

AH so your a pool shark! That's a handy skill.

Once my opponent got mad and broke his stick in the final.

I want to do something that everyone benefits from.

Quote:

Do you have any other source of money?

Not that I'm aware of.

Aug 31, 2007 at 11:37 AM Post #12 of 78
Quote:

For money or for fun? Volunteer as a fire fighter.

WHAT???

he will tweak the Firehose and pumps so bad the water force will take down the building just by pressure.

i say get into making Films.. less infront of the camera work and more behind the camera. hire people to um..act you know? think about it cause you could actually make money back if you sell them on a site...

hell i could come up with a few audiophile based names for films now..but being banned is not something that looks crispy now.
icon10.gif

Aug 31, 2007 at 12:07 PM Post #14 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Psychotherapy.

I'll up the ante: shock therapy.

Aug 31, 2007 at 12:10 PM Post #15 of 78
What about getting into photography?
Buy a "decent" camera, then spend all your money on lenses. Possible even a #2, #3 camera...
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back