Need help to identify the problem with my setup, I feel buzzing on certain tones
Dec 12, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #16 of 22
hmm maybe it is the mastering ... I was listening to this::
(Snow Angels (Uncompressed Mix)
spotify:track:3ZfBPqvxBkohqvQEeWmGMK

and at the beginning of the track I did hear quite a lot a buzzing (actually throughout this track). My ears are 48yrs old (as is the rest of me really be strange if that was different really??) My hearing is no doubt not what it was.. many looooud concerts in my youth..etc.. I might just not have been able to pick it up in the couple other tracks..

Hmm that's odd...I just listened to that track and I didn't hear any buzzing or anything...

Dec 12, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #18 of 22
What on Earth... Where did you hear that? I would say they make the flaws worse if anything...

I heard there are few kind of imperfections that they can actually fix like in classic music where there is a solo instrument quality playing and there is a hissing...one of my friends tested hd800s and told me the hissing and all unnecessary noises were reduced and even illuminated in some cases...I personally haven't tried hd800s, and I know my friend, he would never say something that he didn't experience. So i dunno... :D

Dec 12, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #19 of 22
I heard there are few kind of imperfections that they can actually fix like in classic music where there is a solo instrument quality playing and there is a hissing...one of my friends tested hd800s and told me the hissing and all unnecessary noises were reduced and even illuminated in some cases...I personally haven't tried hd800s, and I know my friend, he would never say something that he didn't experience. So i dunno... :D

That just sounds like he heard the noise floor of the DAC/Amp on a more sensitive headphone, probably has nothing to do with the HD800. You'd get the same result on any headphone with less sensitivity if that was the case.

Dec 12, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #20 of 22
Wow man...what a equipment! :) maybe its not your listening maybe your equipment fixes it somehow, I heard headphones like HD800 are even capable of fixing some flaws in recordings.

thanx.. I'm pretty well pleased with my gear at this point ... I managed to score that big sony stack for $75 at an estate sale .. I have ok~ luck with 2nd hand audio the Yammy speakers cost $50 .. all in all the Sony ES stack and Yamaha NS-344's are not a bad $125 hifi stereo system at all =p

Hmm that's odd...I just listened to that track and I didn't hear any buzzing or anything...

figures... hmm... well may just be my ears then, that track sounds off to me.. but ???

Dec 21, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #21 of 22
I guess I've found the problem, in SB Zx control panel the crystallizer were on 75 when I turned it down to 35 I feel like everything's much more clear and I when I checked in windows's playback devices I found out it was set on 5.1 audio! I changed it to stereo but I have to change it every time that I turn on the PC even from the sleep, I feel like overall imaging is improved in games and that hiss sound is much subtle than before hope this helps, someone has told me never use HD600 with a soundcard use them only with tube amp I didn't believe him but now I kind of this he was right...somehow HD600 wont go well with sound cards. Thanks guys anyway.

Dec 21, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #22 of 22
I guess I've found the problem, in SB Zx control panel the crystallizer were on 75 when I turned it down to 35 I feel like everything's much more clear and I when I checked in windows's playback devices I found out it was set on 5.1 audio! I changed it to stereo but I have to change it every time that I turn on the PC even from the sleep, I feel like overall imaging is improved in games and that hiss sound is much subtle than before hope this helps, someone has told me never use HD600 with a soundcard use them only with tube amp I didn't believe him but now I kind of this he was right...somehow HD600 wont go well with sound cards. Thanks guys anyway.

You can still use them with a soundcard, after you adjust your settings properly, it should work fine given it has enough power. You can also use them with a solid state, doesn't have to be a tube amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back