Need help to choose iem about 1000 euro
May 8, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #46 of 57
It is a bit tough for me to know the price of used DAP in your place because I reside in Singapore. But taking 700 euro as reference, I think iBasso DX200 or the their latest DX150 would be a good choice. Personally I would choose Sony NW-ZX300 or WM-1A. ZX300 is slightly darker in sound signature and WM-1A is analytical. Both are my preferred sound signature. Onkyo DP-X1A and Pioneer XDP-300R will be on my list too. As comparison, DP-X1A is relatively warmer but overall still analytical kind of sound signature if using other DAPs as benchmark :)

May 13, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #47 of 57
Well, the best DAP now is probably something like the A&Ultima SP1000 or the Sony WM1Z, both those are far too expensive for your budget. I'm recommending the mint-green MKI AK70 because it's cheaper than the MKII version when buying used and the difference in SQ isn't far off. The MKII is great, but if it's too expensive, then the MKI is a great alternative. If you want something even more affordable, the Cayin N5ii is also awesome from what my colleagues tell me. I haven't heard it myself, but it may even be better than the AK70 in sound.
i aways search ak70 mk2...but i can't find it. so what do you think about ibasso dx200 or dx150? and what do u think about opus2?

It is a bit tough for me to know the price of used DAP in your place because I reside in Singapore. But taking 700 euro as reference, I think iBasso DX200 or the their latest DX150 would be a good choice. Personally I would choose Sony NW-ZX300 or WM-1A. ZX300 is slightly darker in sound signature and WM-1A is analytical. Both are my preferred sound signature. Onkyo DP-X1A and Pioneer XDP-300R will be on my list too. As comparison, DP-X1A is relatively warmer but overall still analytical kind of sound signature if using other DAPs as benchmark :)
thanks a lot for your answer.. i'm in italy and i don't know if it's possible find them used. :frowning2:

May 13, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #48 of 57
i aways search ak70 mk2...but i can't find it. so what do you think about ibasso dx200 or dx150? and what do u think about opus2?

thanks a lot for your answer.. i'm in italy and i don't know if it's possible find them used. :frowning2:

I haven't heard the DX150 yet, so I can't tell you how the two differ. But, the DX200 is definitely another great bang-for-the-buck option if you don't mind a slightly slower user interface. I also have not heard the Opus #2, but here's a review that my colleague wrote about them: http://theheadphonelist.com/muscle-grace-and-purity-a-review-of-the-opus2/

May 25, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #49 of 57
May 25, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #50 of 57
Hi. I have AK70 mk2 in my hands now. I bought it :)
It’s Time to buy iem now but i have many doubts yet :frowning2:

Congrats on the DAP! What doubts are you having with regards to the IEM choice? Is there any specific criteria you can mention other than the ones you've said before?

May 26, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #51 of 57
Congrats on the DAP! What doubts are you having with regards to the IEM choice? Is there any specific criteria you can mention other than the ones you've said before?

thanks @Deezel177 :) i'm in contact with limeears.. i understood that Model x is a ciem.. i wouldn't a ciem...but a iem because if it doesn't like me i could resell it and take another one.. :frowning2:
so what can i do?

May 26, 2018 at 3:58 AM Post #52 of 57
thanks @Deezel177 :) i'm in contact with limeears.. i understood that Model x is a ciem.. i wouldn't a ciem...but a iem because if it doesn't like me i could resell it and take another one.. :frowning2:
so what can i do?

Lime Ears can make the Model X in universal form, it does not have to be a custom. If you like the Model X, Lime Ears can reshell it into a custom at a price. Then, if you choose to sell it off and it’s already a custom, Lime Ears can reshell it at the same price for someone else’s ears.

May 29, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #53 of 57
To make a long story short: nobody can tell you which headphones/iems are best for YOU at 1000 euro.

You have to go out and test them yourself. Maybe look for headphone shops in your future travel destinations.

Cheers and good luck :)

Jun 1, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #54 of 57
To make a long story short: nobody can tell you which headphones/iems are best for YOU at 1000 euro.

You have to go out and test them yourself. Maybe look for headphone shops in your future travel destinations.

Cheers and good luck :)

so, for you, i have to travel from Napoli to worldwide only to choose in a "X" shop my future iem??? it's quite crazy your answer...

Jun 1, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #55 of 57
Lime Ears can make the Model X in universal form, it does not have to be a custom. If you like the Model X, Lime Ears can reshell it into a custom at a price. Then, if you choose to sell it off and it’s already a custom, Lime Ears can reshell it at the same price for someone else’s ears.

so i think that I'll buy model x Universal, or andromeda used... but i have another question... i would buy a iem for my girlfriend who listen only pop and rock (she likes so much to listen music but it's not audiophile grade)...she preferes a high detailed guitar and listen every micro detail. is there a iem in about 50/60 euro with this caratheristics? thanks

Jun 1, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #56 of 57
so, for you, i have to travel from Napoli to worldwide only to choose in a "X" shop my future iem??? it's quite crazy your answer...

I don't really get what's so crazy about it ... Well I didn't really expect that you never travel anywhere if that's what you meant.

What I meant is that if/when you travel somewhere (for holiday or work) where good headphone shops are, take the chance and check them out.

So in my case for example if my wife wants to go on a city trip to london, I'd say "sure honey, but I'd like to have half a day for myself to take some pictures and check some electronics shops I'd like to visit - in the meantime you can go shopping clothes" ... always worked ...

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #57 of 57
so i think that I'll buy model x Universal, or andromeda used... but i have another question... i would buy a iem for my girlfriend who listen only pop and rock (she likes so much to listen music but it's not audiophile grade)...she preferes a high detailed guitar and listen every micro detail. is there a iem in about 50/60 euro with this caratheristics? thanks

Earphones I can recommend at that price would be the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore, Ocharaku x TTR Co-Donguri and Sony XBA100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back