Need help to choose iem about 1000 euro
Apr 17, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #16 of 57
It’s Much difficult..why do u like Andromeda?
I like Andromeda because:
1. Good details and separation. Every details are presented individually without bleeding towards or bleeded by any other details. Some people find it a little analytical and dead but this is what I like.
2. Well extended treble. A lot of IEMs in the market have rolled-off treble or badly extended treble :frowning2: Badly treble caused sharpness and harshness in presentation which will result in fatigue after long listening (dependent on personal tolerance).
3. Well controlled bass. The bass of Andromeda is what I like. The punch is there and it is very well controlled. It does not sound bloated and affect other parts of presentation.
4. The fit. Andromeda sits well in my ear and it give my good seal and isolation.
5. The stock cable. The stock cable for Campfire Audio are amazing. The cable is litz cable from ALO audio.

If you need more details I can give like 1k words essay :) Simply amazing IEM for me :)

Apr 17, 2018 at 3:10 AM Post #17 of 57
I read bravado has only 3 driver..i would something better in that price range..or around 1000 euro..please
Ps: there is a clearance on Hermes..

It’s Much difficult..why do u like Andromeda?

The Bravado is a 2-driver IEM (1 BA + 1 DD), but I'd highly recommend you don't judge an IEM by its driver count. Drivers aren't like cores on a CPU; more of them does not immediately translate to better performance. More drivers simply let the engineer have better control over the final tuning of the IEM. For example, if you have a driver that's fully flat throughout the midrange and you want your IEM to have a 3dB-bump at 2-3kHz, then you add another driver with the corresponding output, then apply a band-pass so that it only adds to the midrange. Then, if you want 3dB less bass 100Hz and below, then you cut both drivers off at 100Hz with a high-cut filter and add another driver with that output. This is how you - very generally speaking - you get a specifically-tuned 3-driver IEM, but these bumps and dips don't immediately guarantee better performance from a single-or-dual-driver IEM. Another advantage is that you can have two drivers with the same output, so you can produce more volume within headroom. But, other than that, it's really just a design choice more than anything. The Bravado also has a number of technological advantages over the Hermes, including ARC (Anti-Resonance Compound) technology, the synX crossover network for lesser distortion, better EQ compliance and improved phase performance and Effect Audio's Litz internal wiring. I recommended you the Bravado over the Hermes because it suits your preferences better - elevated bass, present midrange and clear highs. With the Hermes or the Andromeda, I fear you'll lack the low-end you're asking for even if the Andromeda has a pretty excellent treble.

Alternatively, you can also consider the Beyerdynamic Xelento (a balanced, rich yet dynamic-sounding IEM) and the two other IEMs I previously suggested from Lime Ears and AAW. Also, I'm curious to know: You previously stated that you don't like Custom Art's FIBAE IEMs, so I assume you've heard them. What brands are available for you to try in Italy other than Custom Art, and what about them didn't you like? It'll help me send more recommendations your way.

Apr 17, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #18 of 57
The Bravado is a 2-driver IEM (1 BA + 1 DD), but I'd highly recommend you don't judge an IEM by its driver count. Drivers aren't like cores on a CPU; more of them does not immediately translate to better performance. More drivers simply let the engineer have better control over the final tuning of the IEM.
Totally agreed with this. A lot of people have the perspective of more = better or expensive = better. This is a no-no for audio. Ultimately, whatever suit you the most will be the best :)

Apr 18, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #19 of 57
The Bravado also has a number of technological advantages over the Hermes, including ARC (Anti-Resonance Compound) technology, the synX crossover network for lesser distortion, better EQ compliance and improved phase performance and Effect Audio's Litz internal wiring. I recommended you the Bravado over the Hermes because it suits your preferences better - elevated bass, present midrange and clear highs. With the Hermes or the Andromeda, I fear you'll lack the low-end you're asking for even if the Andromeda has a pretty excellent treble.

You previously stated that you don't like Custom Art's FIBAE IEMs, so I assume you've heard them. What brands are available for you to try in Italy other than Custom Art, and what about them didn't you like? It'll help me send more recommendations your way.
So, Why bravado is less expensive than Hermes?
Noone brand in italy :frowning2: I did’t try fibae, but i read much different opinion in it.

Totally agreed with this. A lot of people have the perspective of more = better or expensive = better. This is a no-no for audio. Ultimately, whatever suit you the most will be the best :)
No-no?
So u tell me Andromeda is good for u?

One Andromeda no, the other One Andromeda yes...

Apr 18, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #20 of 57
So, Why bravado is less expensive than Hermes?
Noone brand in italy :frowning2: I did’t try fibae, but i read much different opinion in it.

No-no?

Well, price doesn't determine quality either. The Hermes has six BA drivers inside, so its price is a result of material costs. I don't know where you've read any negative impressions on FIBAE, they've all been positive so far. You should check out the FIBAE thread on Head-Fi. @yong_shun and I agree that the Andromeda is a great IEM, but I don't know if it's the one for you. You specifically requested for an elevated bass response, and the Andromeda isn't very hefty down-low. A great IEM it is, but a great IEM for you... I'm not sure.

Apr 18, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #21 of 57
Well, price doesn't determine quality either. The Hermes has six BA drivers inside, so its price is a result of material costs. I don't know where you've read any negative impressions on FIBAE, they've all been positive so far. You should check out the FIBAE thread on Head-Fi. @yong_shun and I agree that the Andromeda is a great IEM, but I don't know if it's the one for you. You specifically requested for an elevated bass response, and the Andromeda isn't very hefty down-low. A great IEM it is, but a great IEM for you... I'm not sure.
I would an iem to play much more jazz music. Rock and a little bit pop and classical..

Apr 18, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #22 of 57
No-no?

I think I might caused some misunderstanding here. The no-no is referring to those who assume expensive/more drivers = better SQ. It is not referring to Andromeda.

Apr 19, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #24 of 57
Some suggestion?!?

Ok ok i understood now

The suggestions I already gave to you work well with all those genres. Unfortunately, different people ask for different things from the aforementioned genres. For example, in jazz, there are some who'd prefer less bass and more clarity to more easily dissect the piece and to hear every instrument as clear as possible (to whom I'd recommend brighter IEMs like the Custom Art FIBAE 3 or the Andromeda), and there are others who'd prefer a warmer signature so instruments sound more natural, organic and intimate (to whom I'd recommend darker IEMs like the FIBAE 2 or the Empire Ears Vantage). In rock music - again - there are those who want the guitars to sound as crisp as possible and the cymbals to crash with dazzle and energy (to whom I'd recommend the Bravado or the Andromeda), and there are those who want to hear more bass so the guitars sound fuller, the snare drum sounds fatter and the kick is more present (to whom I'd recommend the FIBAE 2). And, the same applies to pop and classical. As you can see, naming genres is still rather vague, especially if the genres mentioned encompass a large majority of music where huge variations in production quality, sub-genres, artist mixes, etc. exist. So, I made recommendations based on what would cover the most bases. I hope you can understand that.

Apr 21, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #26 of 57
in jazz, there are some who'd prefer less bass and more clarity to more easily dissect the piece and to hear every instrument as clear as possible (to whom I'd recommend brighter IEMs like the Custom Art FIBAE 3 or the Andromeda), and there are others who'd prefer a warmer signature so instruments sound more natural, organic and intimate (to whom I'd recommend darker IEMs like the FIBAE 2 or the Empire Ears Vantage). In rock music - again - there are those who want the guitars to sound as crisp as possible and the cymbals to crash with dazzle and energy (to whom I'd recommend the Bravado or the Andromeda).
Exactly. I search a iem that had maybe all these caracteristic. Warm and clarity. I like Hear every instruments and i like cymbal to crash dazzle and energy. But with a warm sound as possible..if this is possible. Thanks
What about limeear model X??

Apr 21, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #27 of 57
Exactly. I search a iem that had maybe all these caracteristic. Warm and clarity. I like Hear every instruments and i like cymbal to crash dazzle and energy. But with a warm sound as possible..if this is possible. Thanks
What about limeear model X??

The IEMs I mentioned are the extremes of each scenario. Based on what you’re asking for - which is a balanced mix of all the scenarios I mentioned - then the Lime Ears Model X or the Lime Ears Aether would be for you. The Aether has more mid-bass which gives the sound more body and warmth. But, the Model X has a more forward midrange, so it’s more engaging, musical and clear in vocals and instruments. Both perform excellently in balancing clarity, smoothness and tone, so I think those two IEMs would really fit what you’re looking for.

Apr 25, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #28 of 57
The IEMs I mentioned are the extremes of each scenario. Based on what you’re asking for - which is a balanced mix of all the scenarios I mentioned - then the Lime Ears Model X or the Lime Ears Aether would be for you. The Aether has more mid-bass which gives the sound more body and warmth. But, the Model X has a more forward midrange, so it’s more engaging, musical and clear in vocals and instruments. Both perform excellently in balancing clarity, smoothness and tone, so I think those two IEMs would really fit what you’re looking for.
Ok thanks a lot..i think that i’ll buy Model X(only new??) or maybe used Andromeda so I’ll save money to buy a best dap.
Can you help me for a dap too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back