Need help to choose iem about 1000 euro
Apr 25, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #32 of 57
The IEMs I mentioned are the extremes of each scenario. Based on what you’re asking for - which is a balanced mix of all the scenarios I mentioned - then the Lime Ears Model X or the Lime Ears Aether would be for you. The Aether has more mid-bass which gives the sound more body and warmth. But, the Model X has a more forward midrange, so it’s more engaging, musical and clear in vocals and instruments. Both perform excellently in balancing clarity, smoothness and tone, so I think those two IEMs would really fit what you’re looking for.

The Lime Ears Model X is an IEM that works well with many sources, so I'll recommend a couple that have great UI, portability and usability aside from sound. The Astell&Kern AK70 MKII has great portability and a technically-competent, fun signature. The only downside is battery life; you'd probably have to charge it almost daily if you're a heavy user. I also have the Sony WM1A, which is quite a bit bigger and heavier, but it's a better performer if you use the balanced 4.4mm output, and its battery life and UI is absolutely fantastic. I usually only charge mine every 3-5 days. If you need something more budget-oriented, the Cayin N5ii and the Shanling M3s also have great reputations.

Apr 25, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #34 of 57
The Lime Ears Model X is an IEM that works well with many sources, so I'll recommend a couple that have great UI, portability and usability aside from sound. The Astell&Kern AK70 MKII has great portability and a technically-competent, fun signature. The only downside is battery life; you'd probably have to charge it almost daily if you're a heavy user. I also have the Sony WM1A, which is quite a bit bigger and heavier, but it's a better performer if you use the balanced 4.4mm output, and its battery life and UI is absolutely fantastic. I usually only charge mine every 3-5 days. If you need something more budget-oriented, the Cayin N5ii and the Shanling M3s also have great reputations.
And The new Fiio X7 mk II? What do you think about ti?

Apr 26, 2018 at 1:21 AM Post #36 of 57
And The new Fiio X7 mk II? What do you think about ti?

I personally haven't heard the Fiio X7 MK II, but I've never seen it recommended over the DAPs I suggested from people who have heard it. Though, if Android functionality is important to you, then maybe you should consider that and the iBasso DX200.

May 3, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #37 of 57
I personally haven't heard the Fiio X7 MK II, but I've never seen it recommended over the DAPs I suggested from people who have heard it. Though, if Android functionality is important to you, then maybe you should consider that and the iBasso DX200.
After some days, i’m here yet now. I sent na email to limeears to buy Model X and they are in holiday this week. So next week i’ll write Them.
For dap. I’m very confused. I understood that Fiio it’s Not a good choice...but i would buy a good dap best priced. Ak 70mk2 it’s A best choice?? Or is There a better priced dap that i don’t know?
Thanks

May 3, 2018 at 4:50 AM Post #38 of 57
After some days, i’m here yet now. I sent na email to limeears to buy Model X and they are in holiday this week. So next week i’ll write Them.
For dap. I’m very confused. I understood that Fiio it’s Not a good choice...but i would buy a good dap best priced. Ak 70mk2 it’s A best choice?? Or is There a better priced dap that i don’t know?
Thanks

Well, the Fiio X7 is a fine choice, but I just haven’t heard the sound yet. If you value Android functionality and you’re interested in swapping amp modules, then the X7 or the iBasso DX200 are fine options. In my personal experience, I’d recommend the AK70 MKII because it has a charming, musical sound, it’s astoundingly portable and it’s very easy to use. The Sony WM1A is also a favourite of mine because of its elegant UI, balanced sound and awesome battery life. But, it isn’t as portable as the AK70 MKII. So, whether you get the X7, AK70 MKII or the WM1A will depend on what’s most important to you: Android functionality, portability or battery life?

May 3, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #39 of 57
Well, the Fiio X7 is a fine choice, but I just haven’t heard the sound yet. If you value Android functionality and you’re interested in swapping amp modules, then the X7 or the iBasso DX200 are fine options. In my personal experience, I’d recommend the AK70 MKII because it has a charming, musical sound, it’s astoundingly portable and it’s very easy to use. The Sony WM1A is also a favourite of mine because of its elegant UI, balanced sound and awesome battery life. But, it isn’t as portable as the AK70 MKII. So, whether you get the X7, AK70 MKII or the WM1A will depend on what’s most important to you: Android functionality, portability or battery life?
i don't know what is the functionality of swapping amp modules.. i like so much ak70mkII because i read very well about it. but it's too expensive to buy new for me now. i would search a used too, but i find nothing. :frowning2:

May 3, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #40 of 57
i don't know what is the functionality of swapping amp modules.. i like so much ak70mkII because i read very well about it. but it's too expensive to buy new for me now. i would search a used too, but i find nothing. :frowning2:

In that case, try looking for a used MKI AK70 (the mint green one). The sound difference isn’t substantial and you get all the portability and functionality of the MKII version. You can also look at DAPs from HiBy, Shanling or the Cayin N5ii for cheaper options.

May 4, 2018 at 2:54 AM Post #41 of 57
In that case, try looking for a used MKI AK70 (the mint green one). The sound difference isn’t substantial and you get all the portability and functionality of the MKII version. You can also look at DAPs from HiBy, Shanling or the Cayin N5ii for cheaper options.
I would to buy AK70 mk2. Or better than this. I maybe understand that it’s The best dap now. Or i’m in wrong?

May 4, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #42 of 57
I would to buy AK70 mk2. Or better than this. I maybe understand that it’s The best dap now. Or i’m in wrong?

Well, the best DAP now is probably something like the A&Ultima SP1000 or the Sony WM1Z, both those are far too expensive for your budget. I'm recommending the mint-green MKI AK70 because it's cheaper than the MKII version when buying used and the difference in SQ isn't far off. The MKII is great, but if it's too expensive, then the MKI is a great alternative. If you want something even more affordable, the Cayin N5ii is also awesome from what my colleagues tell me. I haven't heard it myself, but it may even be better than the AK70 in sound.

May 4, 2018 at 3:08 AM Post #43 of 57
Well, the best DAP now is probably something like the A&Ultima SP1000 or the Sony WM1Z, both those are far too expensive for your budget. I'm recommending the mint-green MKI AK70 because it's cheaper than the MKII version when buying used and the difference in SQ isn't far off. The MKII is great, but if it's too expensive, then the MKI is a great alternative. If you want something even more affordable, the Cayin N5ii is also awesome from what my colleagues tell me. I haven't heard it myself, but it may even be better than the AK70 in sound.
Agreed! The two models mentioned should be the best in the market now. Cayin and Shanling are doing good in affordable DAP. You can consider them :) Maybe you can list Pioneer XDP-30R and Onkyo DP-S1 in your consideration too :)

May 6, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #44 of 57
Ok. I have around 700 euro to buy a good dap. What can i buy in used better than AK70 mk2 new?

Agreed! The two models mentioned should be the best in the market now. Cayin and Shanling are doing good in affordable DAP. You can consider them :) Maybe you can list Pioneer XDP-30R and Onkyo DP-S1 in your consideration too :)
Thanks. Same question in top..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back