Need help to buy iem ~1400$
Apr 3, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #16 of 23
And which headphone or iem i’d buy?
Honestly you dont need to go too crazy with IEMs,
you could go for a Campfire Andromeda if you want an IEM for 1,000$

But if you want something cheaper.. there are tones.
FiiO FA7 (I heard these are good for their price)
Audeze iSINE20 (I really liked these IEMs, so im recommending these)
Noble Audio (if you want more fancy looking IEMS)
Tin Audio T2 & T2 pro (i've never tried these, but people like them and they're under 100$)
and much more, buzz around in these forms.

Apr 4, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #17 of 23
I don’t have that much experience with DAPs, only have a Hiby R3 and Sony ZX2, but my favorite source is the Chord Mojo.
But my “mentor” swears by the AK SP1000 copper custom...
DDs... I was really impressed by the JVC FW10000, most natural I have heard, but I only had a short try.
And I think it’s a bit expensive... But I have not heard the other classics like the Xelento and AK2tie I think it’s called, or even the EX1000, so
I am stuck with my almost TOTL EX800 and modded JVC FD02 :)

I think I misunderstood your question - if you were looking for a recommendation I would suggest the JVC HA-FD02, but ONLY if you are OK with making some simple and reversible modifications.
Then they become beautifully balanced,smooth, detailed, from realistically weighty sub-bass to a lively but smooth and very realistic treble.
I particularly like the treble, it has just the right extension, energy, detail, sparkle and realism, but never sounds sibilant or sharp.

You can buy them from Amazon Japan (need to register) and they will handle shipping and import.
A Nobunaga Yuuzen cable is also highly recommended, better soundstage and very nice handling.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #18 of 23
Honestly, if you have to do any modifications at all to the device (excluding cables if they're detachable) its not worth it. they should be great out of the box from day 1.

Apr 4, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #19 of 23
I want to throw in the audiofly af180 to the mix. Incredible for the price point and save for other things..... audio things

Apr 5, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #20 of 23
I'll second @Tsukuyomi recommendation for the Fiio FA7. For the price, it sounds very good and I do listen to it from my A&K SR15. They are also very good for travel - using the foam tips and the deep insertion of the FA7 lens to good sound isolation.

I'll add the Meze Rai Penta to your consideration list as well. Still in pre-order and the cost is US$1000. It sounds very good and has great ergonomics / fit. I demo'd the Penta at CanJam NYC and did enjoy it.

There are some great comparisons of the Rai Penta and Solaris in the Rai Penta thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/rai...m-with-penta-hybrid-driver-technology.875236/ at posts 152, 153, 154 and 162

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #21 of 23
I would say given your budget you can hear some from aroma audio. Not sure if thats easily accessible in your region but i think the separation of the instrument with the vocals being the most realistic among all iems ive heard of at canjam. The sound stage was imho not the widest but its definitely wide enough. If you're a purist i guess you can consider that as the moment i plugged that in i got goosebumps and that's the only iem that ever gave me goosebumps immediately at canjam. Second i would rec the empire ears phantom. Not the sound signature for everyone and you may find it close to being like the k10 just punchier and the decay on bass being so ever slightly faster.

Apr 14, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #23 of 23
FiiO FA7 (I heard these are good for their price)
Audeze iSINE20 (I really liked these IEMs, so im recommending these)
Tin Audio T2 & T2 pro (i've never tried these, but people like them and they're under 100$)
and much more, buzz around in these forms.

I read a lot about fiio fa7 and isine20...but
maybe isine20 that vinyl sound signature that i find?

I’ll buy Tin Audio asap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back