(NEED HELP) Should i reshell and add a driver for my TF10
Jan 10, 2012 at 5:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

vespula95

New Head-Fier
I have been searching for this in google and head-fi forum, however nonetheless, i am still unable to find a answer. I am actually in the dilemma of whether i should reshell or reshell and add a driver for my TF10. I would be having my TF10 reshelled in UM. Please help me.

Jan 10, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #2 of 24

Quote:
I have been searching for this in google and head-fi forum, however nonetheless, i am still unable to find a answer. I am actually in the dilemma of whether i should reshell or reshell and add a driver for my TF10. I would be having my TF10 reshelled in UM. Please help me.

Well what are you after? Do you like the TF10s sound as is? If so just reshell it and be done with it. If not, you could add drivers but it will surely change the sound, and you won't know if its for the better until later. Are you in the USA?

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #3 of 24

Quote:
Well what are you after? Do you like the TF10s sound as is? If so just reshell it and be done with it. If not, you could add drivers but it will surely change the sound, and you won't know if its for the better until later. Are you in the USA?

Sorry for the late reply. Well, i am currently residing in Singapore and i really have no idea of what to do next... I love the bright treble but the mids is way back. The bass and soundstage is just fine for me. What should i do next in that case. And BTW, i am using Studio-v and awaiting for chris tran's silver ray IEM cable to arrive

Jan 13, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #4 of 24

Quote:
Sorry for the late reply. Well, i am currently residing in Singapore and i really have no idea of what to do next... I love the bright treble but the mids is way back. The bass and soundstage is just fine for me. What should i do next in that case. And BTW, i am using Studio-v and awaiting for chris tran's silver ray IEM cable to arrive

Well maybe wait and see if that silver cable fixes the mid issue for you. Then make your decision what to do before possibly making an expensive mistake...

Jan 14, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #6 of 24
TF10 is unique, reshelling will give you a better fit/seal, which leads to the intended signature.

I would recommend against adding driver, IMHO adding a mid driver will change its signature to something mid centric similar to Shure's.

If you absolutely want to add driver, I'd say go for the 6 drivers instead of 4

Jan 14, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #7 of 24
The question is, why would you want to reshell it? Are you having fit problems? If yes, you could try at first using other tips. If that won't solve your problem you can think about reshelling. But beware, many who reshelled earphones told that sound has changed.

Jan 14, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #8 of 24

Quote:
The question is, why would you want to reshell it? Are you having fit problems? If yes, you could try at first using other tips. If that won't solve your problem you can think about reshelling. But beware, many who reshelled earphones told that sound has changed.

I wanted to reshell my TF10 to get a better isolation and more comfort. I also do not like the TF10 protruding out of my ear.

Jan 15, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #9 of 24

Quote:
I wanted to reshell my TF10 to get a better isolation and more comfort. I also do not like the TF10 protruding out of my ear.

If you really wanna go through with it then go for it. Who will you be going with? Right now Fisher Audio is having a group buy $5.00 off and free art work so that is a $30.00 savings in total. If you are in the USA I would recommend you go that route.

Jan 19, 2012 at 5:43 AM Post #10 of 24

Quote:

Life is defenitly Koo-Kooo, I just delt with this issue in an Amazon comment.  So here is a pure cut n' paste.

Since one of the problems you're having is with the fit, you may wanna try the reversed mount trick. I did this so long ago, I don't remember exactly what you had to type into the great Goog to get details on this "tip". Soooooo, I give you the quickie: The idea is to reverse the earphone units, ergo- the LEFT unit is fed by the right cable, and the RIGHT unit is fed by the right left cable. Be sure to use a marker to keep track of your cables. Keep track of Left/Right AND of Front/Back pins. If you do the flip and have lower output, one of the cable has reversed pins (affecting PHASE) - simply reverse the pins on ONE of the units. Remember, NOW the right unit goes into your left ear and the left unit goes into the right ear.

Many people have found that this "reversal" trick helps the fit and comfort factors, YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary). Even if they don't help with the comfort, the units will be flatter against your ears. Of course this "trick" can be tried on any UE model or other make with a detachable "Y" cord.

ALSO, please remember- on this or ANY inEar unit, you MUST get a tight fit. If there is ANY gap between your ear walls and the ear plug you chose, you will NOT get the best from ANY inEar unit. You MUST have an air-tight fit.

'Best,

a.

Feb 28, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #11 of 24
Hey not sure if you went through with this yet,( as your post was a month ago....) but I shipped my trips to UM with the 6 driver upgrade and according to Fedex it reached the UM facility 2/27/12.. I will be sure to let you know what the outcome was of this experiment....

Feb 28, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #12 of 24
You mind me asking how much$?

Quote:
Hey not sure if you went through with this yet,( as your post was a month ago....) but I shipped my trips to UM with the 6 driver upgrade and according to Fedex it reached the UM facility 2/27/12.. I will be sure to let you know what the outcome was of this experiment....

Feb 28, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #13 of 24
@ alv 4426.  489.00 USD for the re-shell+ shipping to china via a carrier i trust (i.e. fedex) 137.00 USD

Mar 2, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #15 of 24

Quote:
Why not just have them reshelled in the US at Inearz.com?

Rational for choosing UM #1. I have not read a single negative thing/comment or thread about UM. R#2: Communication with Stephen Guo has been flawless with respect to his response time, and conciseness when answering questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back