NEED HELP seven second/profanity delay
May 22, 2008 at 5:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mochimon

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,
I need some help in procuring a piece of equipment. Simply put, i want to delay live audio a few seconds(around 5). I thought i could simply buy a guitar FX pedal that does delay, like the Boss DD7, however i found a major problem in all of these guitar pedals in that while they can delay a signal in the exact way i need, they also send the live, original signal through. so you end up with something like an echo.

does anyone know of a cheap piece of equipment that can do this for me? i found a few rackmount devices used in the broadcast industry, but they were well out of my budget. i am looking for a device around 300 dollars.

if there's anyone who works in TV or radio and can help it would be MUCH appreciated.

May 22, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #2 of 4
On advanced guitar pedals you can select the percentage of original "live" signal that comes through to the output, to the percentage of the "effects" signal.

If you turn the bias completely away from the "live" side, it will only produce the delayed signal and you can adjust the delay to only produce one repeat (or echo).

Check out the Line6 PodXT as I know this unit will do exactly what you are looking for. The higher quality rack mounts will do it in true stereo, but the bean-shaped red unit will do mono and is available used for $150 or so, IIRC.

May 23, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #4 of 4
Awwww How cute
smily_headphones1.gif
lol

Head-Fi affection
biggrin.gif

Good Stuff!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back