Need Help/Recommendation For HD595 Mic/Cable Mod
Nov 8, 2011 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Spunky424

New Head-Fier
So this is my first time modding headphones but i've done a bit of research and with the help of some fellow head-fi members i've come up with the following diagram:

So my goal for this project is to further extend the cables as well as add a microphone to the Sennheiser hd595s for use with my mixamp and xbox 360.  I'm having some trouble with the microphone portion. i'm not sure if i should be using the TS or TRS 3.5mm connection. also i currently don't have a microphone so any recommendations would be great for this project.  For the mic i'll need to know what male and female 3.5mm connections i'll need. 

I hope this diagram helps and i've included enough information so that you can help. if there's any other information that you need please ask.

I'm also looking to create a new 2.5mm to 2.5mm chat cable/lead that will connect the xbox controller to the mixamp. i did a bit of research and looks like i'll be needing a ferrite core between the wires in order to suppress static and outside interference noises.  does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Chris

Nov 9, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #2 of 4
Since you've gone up to the stereo mic/trs - you'll probably need to update the chassis mount female to a stereo jack as well. 

I'm still not sure of what fancy footwork will need to happen re: using the shield as a common ground for both the audio and mic portions.. you may need to go up to a 5 pin mini-xlr to have audio left/right, mic left/right, and pin 5 as common ground for all... 

Nov 10, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
Since you've gone up to the stereo mic/trs - you'll probably need to update the chassis mount female to a stereo jack as well. 

I'm still not sure of what fancy footwork will need to happen re: using the shield as a common ground for both the audio and mic portions.. you may need to go up to a 5 pin mini-xlr to have audio left/right, mic left/right, and pin 5 as common ground for all... 

The mic would probably be mono so you would only need a 4 pin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back