Need help... PX 200 II's plug shorted out.
May 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

swaffleman

100+ Head-Fier
My dear PX 200 II's plug has shorted out. One of the channels is not getting sound, and the other one is cutting out. I know the problem is at the plug, since I've fidgeted with it a bit and noticed changes in the sound when I did. They are just old enough for the warranty to be void, and the rest of them are in pristine shape. 

I called an audio repair shop in my town, it would cost $40-50 to get it fixed. I don't know how to do it myself. 

Any ideas? I don't want to buy new ones. 

May 15, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #3 of 5
Break out the soldering iron! There's a whole lot of documentation on Youtube on how to resolder broken headphone jacks/wires. I repaired my modded headphone once by soldering a jack from a "scrapped" Bose can (lolmflol). I done em with cheapo Radioshack soldering irons. 

May 15, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #4 of 5
I bring to you! Ze Video! 
smile.gif

Sep 28, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #5 of 5
Hi,

There seems to be a problem with my PX 200-iis.  When I use the inline volume control the sound crackles and disappears and reappears from both the left and right speakers.  I have to more or less continually fiddle with the inline volume control to get close to a balanced full sound, and even knocking it slightly can ruin the sound again.

Presumably it's a problem with the wiring in the volume control?

Is there anything that can be done to fix it?

Thanks for any help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back