Need help picking a Setup under $150 or $300
Sep 26, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #31 of 35
i was the one who said they were not worth it, as in my country they are too close to in price to an M50x to be worth it

Sep 26, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #32 of 35
No the Evos are still in production, if anything because now they are offering an Extra Item (velour Pads -which are awesome) the store might of confused a modification for a end of manufacturing.

they guy talking about the "SRH440" just saying they're fine. though better options near price range. depends on preferences.

I really think you should throw in that extra money and get the E12, thing is a beast, and will power most things you throw at it. It can supply >880 mW @ 32 Ohms. (That is a LOT of power for such a small portable device. Though I have noticed it gets hot depending on the variance of impedance of the headphones.)

I noticed your now looking up to $300? I assume that's somewhere you can go but prefer not to go to.

-----------

If your looking at the M50x, Gotta look at the PRO700MK2s too, similar price on amazon.

But be warned now. they have some SERIOUS clamping power. I like the high clamp personally, but I can almost say you will hate the clamping.

Not to mention that the stock pads are utter crap. If you do get these, I can always send a link of the ear pads i got to replace the stock pads. (gel pads are Divine)

Take my word for it, They are Awesome, I preferred them over the M50s, I'm pretty sure the M50x is not big enough of a change to take my consideration. (One more thing, upper bass hump... easy fix with 4 XL cotton balls stuck in each ear cup.)

Oh do take in consideration that they have an INSANE Max input power... of 3.5 Watts... that's 3,500 mWs That's ridiculous, but hey, plenty of power to let you pick out more detail, and have some SERIOUSLY solid sound. AKA High power amps will make the sound clearer. (use with FiiO E12 Bro, freaking makes me wanna sit and enjoy the music.)

-----------

Pro700MK2s definitely not going to be great out of the box, but worth considering.

might wanna look Into Grado too. Yeah, they open... but if you like good treble, they are to be considered.

-----------

OH if you don't mind spending the Whole $300, get FiiO's new X1 Music Player + A Micro SD card to use it, and a SoundMagic's HP150.

(as ya'll notice im not considering the pricing of shipping, or the Micro SD card. With the Micro SD card, start cheap and small, just to get you going.)

Actually, Might wanna get the FiiO X1 And a BIG Micro SD, that'll put you ~$150. Then you can Consider a Cheaper headphone but get a great source. (A superlux headphone would do nicely.) That'll give you time with a great source, so you can focus more on a great headphone in the future. No need to look at an Amp with the X1 as It'll have the juice to get you going.(<-sorta) And worry more about the headphone itself.

Sep 26, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #33 of 35
  No the Evos are still in production, if anything because now they are offering an Extra Item (velour Pads -which are awesome) the store might of confused a modification for a end of manufacturing.

they guy talking about the "SRH440" just saying they're fine. though better options near price range. depends on preferences.

I really think you should throw in that extra money and get the E12, thing is a beast, and will power most things you throw at it. It can supply >880 mW @ 32 Ohms. (That is a LOT of power for such a small portable device. Though I have noticed it gets hot depending on the variance of impedance of the headphones.)

I noticed your now looking up to $300? I assume that's somewhere you can go but prefer not to go to.

-----------

If your looking at the M50x, Gotta look at the PRO700MK2s too, similar price on amazon.

But be warned now. they have some SERIOUS clamping power. I like the high clamp personally, but I can almost say you will hate the clamping.

Not to mention that the stock pads are utter crap. If you do get these, I can always send a link of the ear pads i got to replace the stock pads. (gel pads are Divine)

Take my word for it, They are Awesome, I preferred them over the M50s, I'm pretty sure the M50x is not big enough of a change to take my consideration. (One more thing, upper bass hump... easy fix with 4 XL cotton balls stuck in each ear cup.)

Oh do take in consideration that they have an INSANE Max input power... of 3.5 Watts... that's 3,500 mWs That's ridiculous, but hey, plenty of power to let you pick out more detail, and have some SERIOUSLY solid sound. AKA High power amps will make the sound clearer. (use with FiiO E12 Bro, freaking makes me wanna sit and enjoy the music.)

-----------

Pro700MK2s definitely not going to be great out of the box, but worth considering.

might wanna look Into Grado too. Yeah, they open... but if you like good treble, they are to be considered.

-----------

OH if you don't mind spending the Whole $300, get FiiO's new X1 Music Player + A Micro SD card to use it, and a SoundMagic's HP150.

(as ya'll notice im not considering the pricing of shipping, or the Micro SD card. With the Micro SD card, start cheap and small, just to get you going.)

Actually, Might wanna get the FiiO X1 And a BIG Micro SD, that'll put you ~$150. Then you can Consider a Cheaper headphone but get a great source. (A superlux headphone would do nicely.) That'll give you time with a great source, so you can focus more on a great headphone in the future. No need to look at an Amp with the X1 as It'll have the juice to get you going.(<-sorta) And worry more about the headphone itself.

woah thx, i was actually thinking that if i get a good player and equalizer, i might get something out of my marshall majors that im using currently, i got this online with a discount and i guess im looking for something better than that, im not sure how is it in par with the gears we are talking about but reasons i wanna change it is stated on the description lol. anyways i'd definitely want to consider the player but i dont think i'll go with that route for now cause i need something to cover my ears haha.

but yeah if i do the math a cheap good quality headphone and a the e12 might get me going, i wanna test out the mk2s as well, i actually saw it at the store the other day but didnt bother cause i read something bad about it but i'll check that next time.

i might need to read some more on the technical side of this things cause all i know is the higher the ohm levels and the wider the hz the better haha

im really thinking of getting the 440s or the sr60 or sr80 grados which is within my desired price range, but i have yet to try those things, if you could send me link to those divine Gel pads that'll be greatly appreciated 
k701smile.gif
 :D

Sep 26, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #34 of 35
Gel Pads: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0076N9LM2

Takes some stretching to get them on the first time. Also note that these are oval, not circular like the headphones, gotta twist them to the right position.

EX:

Sorry for crappy picture, I used my Ipod instead of my Nikon D7100.

But you can see the pads are rotated, i find this more comfortable. play with the angle to your liking.

Yea i Can see how you heard bad about the Pro700mk2s... the stock pads are trash, and the clamping force is like a hippo's jaw. Sounds just fine though. Quite worth it for JUST the sound. (and remember, if you do not take kindly to the subtle bass hump in the upper bass, 4 XL Cotton balls fixes that right up.)

another thing about the Ear pads to be aware of, this is GEL, There is no breath-ability. Your ears need oxygen too, every 4 hours i gotta them off for at LEAST 5 minutes to let my ears breath. but they are SUPER soft and just Ohh yeessss...

ONE FINAL THING. I noticed these Headphones take little longer than usual to burn in.

Sep 27, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #35 of 35
I agree with others regarding M50s. There is also even cheaper option - Creative Aurvana Live and new model (I've just received mine yesterday and they are blast!) Aurvana Live 2. Prices are : AUS$79.00 and AUS$99.00  plus shipping respectively  and you can't go wrong with either of them. They are seriously unbeliveble value for money.

The Live measurements looks pretty good at Goldenears. The Live2 not so good but its noise cancelling headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back