Need help on headphones
Nov 4, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #17 of 28
  I guess really the only thing is... Do you guys know if either of them mic bleed? Like if listening to music real loud, people in my skype call will hear it? 

Well, if you listen to your music deafeningly loud, of course they'll hear it. Are you going to be using a free-standing mic or something like the BoomPro which is attached to the headphones?

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #18 of 28
  Well, if you listen to your music deafeningly loud, of course they'll hear it. Are you going to be using a free-standing mic or something like the BoomPro which is attached to the headphones?

Actually I been thinking of a desktop mic. Like a snowball blue or something. Unless you can recommend something better? I am guessing if it's a desktop mic they prolly won't be able to hear so much huh?

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #19 of 28
All I know is that my Alienware has a built-in microphone. (I'm assuming your computer doesn't.)

What I don't understand is why/how you're doing Skype calls while listening to music.

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #20 of 28

Actually I been thinking of a desktop mic. Like a snowball blue or something. Unless you can recommend something better? I am guessing if it's a desktop mic they prolly won't be able to hear so much huh?

Not very experienced with microphones (I don't like talking to people over VoIP or while playing a game so I don't care), but I hear a lot of good things about th Blue Snowball. And yes, when you use a desktop mic, your friends probably won't hear your music unless you're deafening yourself.

But now, let's get back to the headphones. As I don't have much experience with headphones (haven't really auditioned many), I really don't have any good recommendations so far. What about IEMs, though? I mean, they provide isolation better than most ANC circuits and tend to sound better. Also, sound leakage is practically nonexistent.

Nov 4, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #21 of 28
  All I know is that my Alienware has a built-in microphone. (I'm assuming your computer doesn't.)

What I don't understand is why/how you're doing Skype calls while listening to music.

Because sometimes I have 12 people in a skype call and sometimes it's just nice to tone them down and blast music LOL. Plus.. Alienware... Gross

Not very experienced with microphones (I don't like talking to people over VoIP or while playing a game so I don't care), but I hear a lot of good things about th Blue Snowball. And yes, when you use a desktop mic, your friends probably won't hear your music unless you're deafening yourself.

But now, let's get back to the headphones. As I don't have much experience with headphones (haven't really auditioned many), I really don't have any good recommendations so far. What about IEMs, though? I mean, they provide isolation better than most ANC circuits and tend to sound better. Also, sound leakage is practically nonexistent.

Really not wanting IEM's sorry.

Maybe someone can post here on what you think of sound quality AND comfort level of the m50x's VS the Bose 25's?

Nov 4, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #22 of 28
  Because sometimes I have 12 people in a skype call and sometimes it's just nice to tone them down and blast music LOL. Plus.. Alienware... Gross

Maybe someone can post here on what you think of sound quality AND comfort level of the m50x's VS the Bose 25's?

Haha. So you just ignore them for awhile with your music.
biggrin.gif

What's gross about Alienware? Looks pretty awesome to me.
tongue.gif
(I know it's overpriced. I'll get a custom desktop next.)

If I had to guess, I'd say that M50x has better SQ and slightly lower comfort. Since it's so much cheaper, it's definitely the better deal.

If your budget was a little higher, I would just recommend the Focal Spirit Professional. (Though it's not exactly comfortable.)

Nov 4, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #23 of 28

Haha. So you just ignore them for awhile with your music.
biggrin.gif

What's gross about Alienware? Looks pretty awesome to me.
tongue.gif
(I know it's overpriced. I'll get a custom desktop next.)

If I had to guess, I'd say that M50x has better SQ and slightly lower comfort. Since it's so much cheaper, it's definitely the better deal.

If your budget was a little higher, I would just recommend the Focal Spirit Professional.

I agree. Alienware looks pretty cool. Just like alien ware. In a thick-ass laptop.
Also agree on the M50x recommendation. Then again, I'm sure there are also great choices at a similar price...my brain can't really bring them up, though. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #24 of 28
Alienware looks cool, sure. But you can get the exact case on ebay/amazon and buy your parts yourself and get it for a way reduced price. Plus they crap out after a year anyways.

Anyways I think I am going with bose, that way if I don't like them I can send them back and go for the m50x which are cheaper.

Nov 5, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #26 of 28
Beats Studio 2013 have decent noise cancelling and sound better than the Bose IMO. Are also very comfortable. Bose still has better comfort and noise cancelling though. Bose has weak bass in both quantity and quality and honky weird mids with recessed(but nonfatiguing) treble. The M50x are a cut above in sound, and are comfortable enough but not sure how comfy theyd be for a long flight, Bose are much better for this and also much better in terms of noise reduction.

Nov 5, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #27 of 28
I think we've already established that you don't need noise-cancelling for your situation. You should get a better non-NC headphone for the price. Or save up a bit more and get the Focal Spirit Professional. I believe the V-MODA cables will fit into the QC25, but haven't tried it myself.

Nov 6, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #28 of 28
Sure, I don't need NC, but I would love to try it.. And if I don't like it I can always send it back. One of the great reasons I am attracted to the Bose is because of how disguised it looks. It's not bulky or huge, and it doesn't look awkward to walk around with at an airport, or at the store unlike the m50x. I would love great sounding over ear comfortable headphones, but I hate bulk. So bose looks nice to  me, unless there are a pair I am missing that offer way better sound for near the same price, with my same parameters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back