Need help on headphones
Nov 1, 2014 at 4:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Handra

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I am currently looking for a new set of headphones for when I move to alaska(12 hour flight).

So basically my budget is 100-250, MAYBE 300 if it's needed. 

What I am looking for

Extremely nice noise cancelling. Like I mean, the best my small amount of money can buy. Like... Plane sound engine noise cancelling quality lol

Over ear. I can't use on ear headphones, they need to fit over ear.

Anything you guys can recommend based of these parameters?

Nov 1, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #3 of 28
That is what I was looking at, especially on amazon you can get it for 20 dollars cheaper. Is it consistent noise reduction/cancelation though? I will be on a flight for 12 hours probably sleeping and listening to music. How will this affect me with people around me chattering or the noise from the engines? If you know by chance, would be great if you could shed some light 

Nov 1, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #4 of 28
  That is what I was looking at, especially on amazon you can get it for 20 dollars cheaper. Is it consistent noise reduction/cancelation though? I will be on a flight for 12 hours probably sleeping and listening to music. How will this affect me with people around me chattering or the noise from the engines? If you know by chance, would be great if you could shed some light 

Depends what you mean by consistent. It certainly doesn't malfunction, but basically, certain frequencies are blocked out better than others. Droning sounds like a microwave or plane engine are blocked out rather well, but if you're not listening to music and just have the NC on, you can still hear things like fingers tapping on a desk or people talking right next to you.

(I own the QC15, but know that the QC25 takes it to another level.)

For more info, I suggest reading up on the QC25 here, here, and here.

Nov 3, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #7 of 28
I would love it, but if the m50x are more comfortable and sound a lot better, I might just have to sacrifice. What do you think in terms of sound, comfortability, durability, and such, what would be the nicest choice?

Nov 3, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #8 of 28
  I would love it, but if the m50x are more comfortable and sound a lot better, I might just have to sacrifice. What do you think in terms of sound, comfortability, durability, and such, what would be the nicest choice?

I haven't actually used either, so I can't confirm that the M50x sounds better (of course, that word is fairly subjective anyway). I just know that in general, non-NC headphones sound better than NC headphones. Bose is very comfortable. Audition them if you can. Or just buy both and return the one you like less. Whatever you do, get more durable cables, such as ones by V-MODA. (I'm on my third QC15 cable due to how fragile the cables are, and I can't use aftermarket cables with it, unlike its successor.)

Nov 3, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #10 of 28
  Would it be the "CoilPro Cable" you are referring to for m50x? Also can you maybe give your opinion on the BoomMic Pro? If it's any good or not? Worth buying?

The audio only cable is all you need.
wink.gif

Nov 3, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #11 of 28
So honestly, do you think the amateur music listening would notice the difference between the two headsets? I am really leaning on the m50x atm now, and hope that I can come to my decision before the sale ends.

Nov 3, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #12 of 28
  So honestly, do you think the amateur music listening would notice the difference between the two headsets? I am really leaning on the m50x atm now, and hope that I can come to my decision before the sale ends.

If you need the ANC, get the Bose. If you don't, then get the M50. As far as I know the M50 doesn't really isolate all that well. They aren't that comfortable to my ears, either.

Nov 3, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #13 of 28

Since it's cheaper and even cheaper now, you might as well get the M50x. Aside from the NC concerns, it's still possible that you would prefer the Bose sound signature over Audio-Technica, but probably only if you want something that is more warm and less neutral.

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #14 of 28
Reall

Since it's cheaper and even cheaper now, you might as well get the M50x. Aside from the NC concerns, it's still possible that you would prefer the Bose sound signature over Audio-Technica, but probably only if you want something that is more warm and less neutral.

Really? M50x aren't comfortable :/? Well I guess those can go out the door...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back