need help on headphone leakage! please!
Jun 15, 2013 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

joscoe

New Head-Fier
So i have bought some cheap headphones and they are not to bad but they leak soo much with my ipod. i prefer over ear headphones that completly cover your ear. i have seen a few. Its a decision between 2. phillips shp2000 and electrovision a084k. can you let me know which is best and if you have any recommendations about leakage. thanks :)

Jun 15, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #2 of 25
You're not going to get anything good at that budget.

Multiply your budget by 3, and you should consider getting something like a Monoprice 108323 or a Panasonic RP-HTX7.

If you're headphones are leaking too much, it means your volume is too high.
Do your ears a favour and enjoy your music at lower volumes. 

Jun 16, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #5 of 25
All headphones leak at high volumes, but I recommended two closed-back headphones - these tend to keep noise in (and noise out) better than open/semi-open or on-ear models.

The best at noise isolation are IEM (in ear monitors) but they are WAAAAY over your budget.

Jun 16, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #8 of 25
I've only tried the first two on that list, and I wouldn't get either of those over the two I previously mentioned, even though they are much cheaper. 

They have a similar quality of sound to the likes of the Sony MDR-V150. Just low definition and generally not enjoyable. 

If you want very good value for money, you may consider 2nd hand headphones. 
The AKG K518 can sometimes be found for less than $30 2nd hand and has a very good all-round sound. 

Jun 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #14 of 25
I did find a pair of robust headphones. they are howard leight sync stereo earmuffs. They might not have the best sound quality but they look like isolation headphones and that they wont leak.

Jun 16, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #15 of 25
Rockit R Shields no leakage in or out.
http://rockitsounds.com/shop/product/?prod_id=21

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back