• M-Fidelity SA-43

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (Other)

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Nov 30, 2017 at 4:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Spen Javer

New Head-Fier
I'm using a remolded Rockit Sounds R-50 with a CI-22955 driver added using 2 separate tubes. Using Red acoustic filter on the CI-22955 (for bass) and Grey filter on the TWFK. The sounds came out quite flat with about 3dB bump in mid-low bass region. I would describe the sound of this pair as Neutral/Analytical with boosted bass.

Now I think its time for me to upgrade. Since I don't have access to any of the CIEM demo except JH and Noble which I didn't find any model I like so I would like to ask you to help me out here (Thanks for the read anyway!). And I think I could get my hands on some demo models from 64audio but the vendor is so far away.

Have read a lot of reviews and suggestions I have my list of models I think would be a direct upgrade from my current pair. :
- Custom Art FIBAE 2, fewer drivers but seems to be well tuned enough to be an upgrade but I will lose a bit off bass.
- Kumitate Labs KL-REF, Japanese neutral but would be a b*** to order from. Looks amazing though!
- Lear LCM-4F / BD4.2, very few reviews on these guys, LCM-4F looks like my cup of tea but somehow I'm interested in their BD4.2.
- M-Fidelity SA43, The "Legendary" from the past, some still love it to this date, Analytical with a switch to change to sound signature, yum!

Which one would you pick for me? Or you have another model to suggest? Thank you!

PS. Sorry if some sentence might not make any sense to you. I'm not a native English speaker.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #2 of 3
How about vision ears? Maybe it's worth for you to try. It seems most people will choose ve5 or ve8, I've heard the ve8 and its bass was good in both quality and quantity, the vocal was smooth and little 'colored' but still natural, also with good extension of high freq.

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:29 AM Post #3 of 3
How about vision ears? Maybe it's worth for you to try. It seems most people will choose ve5 or ve8, I've heard the ve8 and its bass was good in both quality and quantity, the vocal was smooth and little 'colored' but still natural, also with good extension of high freq.

VE sounds quite natural but I want the sound more analytical with just a bit musicality in it. I know this might be a strange taste in how I like to listen to music but yea.

If I got a chance to try a demo I will definitely give VE a try. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back