need help, Klipsch x10i or Shure SE215
Jun 12, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #2 of 6
Well the yamaha eph100 has a sound signature similar to the shure se215 but has better sound quality according to most threads
I have had a lot of driver flex problems with the klipsch x10 so...
Fun sounding:
yamaha eph100
Phillips fidelio s1 and s2

Neutral:
Rha ma 750
Etymotic hf5

Jun 12, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #3 of 6
Klipsch X10 has pretty bad build quality but sounds good. Shure SE215 are a great bassy IEM, but I think you'd like RHA MA750 more. Better build quality, too, but no removable cables. Like the above said, Yamaha EPH-100 are great, as well. Philips Fidelio S1 if isolation isn't your biggest concern (they isolate, just not as well as the other options).

I disagree with Zune on the RHA MA750 being neutral, though. HiFiMAN RE-400 are a good alternative if you want neutrality. If you can get your hands on VSonic VC1000, those are great, too. Brighter sounding than the RE-400 and more balanced.

Jun 12, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #5 of 6
Klipsch X10 has pretty bad build quality but sounds good. Shure SE215 are a great bassy IEM, but I think you'd like RHA MA750 more. Better build quality, too, but no removable cables. Like the above said, Yamaha EPH-100 are great, as well. Philips Fidelio S1 if isolation isn't your biggest concern (they isolate, just not as well as the other options).

I disagree with Zune on the RHA MA750 being neutral, though. HiFiMAN RE-400 are a good alternative if you want neutrality. If you can get your hands on VSonic VC1000, those are great, too. Brighter sounding than the RE-400 and more balanced.

You're probably right
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/reid-and-heath-acoustics-ma750-ear-monitor-page-2
Tyll says its not neutral and same with the measurements.

Jun 14, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #6 of 6
They may crap on me tomorrow, but I have had any issues with the build quality of my X10s. I'm not really rough with them, but I carried them to classes and around with me for about a year, and I've continued to use them for another year on top of that. I think it's one of those YMMV situations. But frankly, the reason it travelled with me so much was because I considered it expendable. I paid about $80 for the X10 when it was being phased out, and I honestly don't think it's worth more than that. At the price you're looking at you could get a GR07 or a TDK IE800 (assuming you can still find them in stock). Personally I'd even choose the meelec A161P over the X10. I haven't heard the Shure, but most seem to rate it lower than the phones I've just mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back