Need Help in choosing the right on ear portable headphone
Sep 21, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #16 of 24
and i recommend that you get the M50x over the M50. The M50x is, in case you did not know, the newer model, and has better bass (the older M50 had more mid bass bloat and less sub bass extension) and less piercing treble. And it also comes with 3 detachable cables, whereas the old M50's cable cannot be detached at all

Sep 21, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #17 of 24
Ok, I get it, it's actually the exact opposite of what I am looking for... thank you.

uhm, ath m50x or akg k550... I think I am going to chose on the spur of the moment... XD lol

the ath m50x is 24 euro more expensive than the akg k550, but I can consider it if it brings advantage in portability... 

Sep 21, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #18 of 24
ermm, how much is the K550 and M50x? In singapore the K550 is more than a $100 more expensive than the M50x

Sep 21, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #20 of 24
oh ok

Oct 30, 2014 at 4:05 AM Post #22 of 24
At the end I bought the akg k550, and I was really satisfied with the sound. However, I have been quite unlucky with the durability... the first pair had a huge cut on the pleather of the right pad after just a week, so I thought it was a defect and then I sent them back and got a replacement. Yesterday, The left driver stopped working, I mean no sound from it, with no reasons since I have never dropped them... so I asked (and I got) for a refund.

However, now I am back at the beginning.. I need a new headphone. I was thinking to the sound magic hp100,since it's available in Amazon.it (while the hp150 is not..). How do they compare to the akg k550? especially the hp100? it is a little more expensive, though.

Nov 1, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #23 of 24
Oh Wow. I have just found out another challenger... the Beyerdynamic DT660, foldable and neutral/bright sound as I am looking for... and as if it wasn't enough, they are cheaper than the soundmagic (well, I have to give up to the hard shell case and removable cable, anyway, they are 50 euro cheaper...)

what about this one, then? is theri build quality good enough? the akg looked really well constructed with all their metal and rubber plastic, however they lasted less then two week, both of them. ^^

Nov 1, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #24 of 24
Hello fellas, I'm new here. I just ordered a set of sony mdr-1rbtmk2 from HK and I'm hoping they sound just as good as my first and only pair is Sonys I have had many years ago (mdr-84). I almost when for the ATH-m50x but I tried the m50 at a local shop and sounded good but bass was weak. Just want a good set of wireless cans. Anybody have experience with the 1rbtmks2? What I have now are Bose QC3 and Plantronics Backbeat pro 2. Just trying to see if the mk2 sound anything like the cans I have had. Bought these on a whim. Thx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back