Need help in choosing new headset primarly for gaming and listening to music
Mar 17, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #16 of 22
  So long as you buy from a major brand, most often it's the cable that goes bad and not the driver. I'm sure Israel has plenty of DIYers who can fix it if there's a problem with the cable. So I'd definitely think about ordering a new product from a major firm abroad and having someone bring it over. 

Yeah, I ordered the AKG K430s from eBay and the left can stopped working after like 10 minutes of use. I gave them to my brother who brought them to one of his friends that fixed it up for me.
Well, my dad is flying to Russia in April, but I don't know how wide of a selection they have there. So I think ordering from eBay will be my best option.

Mar 17, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #17 of 22
  Yeah, I ordered the AKG K430s from eBay and the left can stopped working after like 10 minutes of use. I gave them to my brother who brought them to one of his friends that fixed it up for me.
Well, my dad is flying to Russia in April, but I don't know how wide of a selection they have there. So I think ordering from eBay will be my best option.

That makes sense as your money will go farther. So consider DT770 and SRH840.

DT770 80 ohms is bassy and has something of a treble spike but the ranges are well-integrated. It's well-built and comfortable.

SRH840 latter is warm overall, but clear sounding and a great all rounder. Build quality, isolation, and accessories are above average. The only negative is the heavy headband which can be modded.

Mar 17, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #18 of 22

That makes sense as your money will go farther. So consider DT770 and SRH840.

DT770 80 ohms is bassy and has something of a treble spike but the ranges are well-integrated. It's well-built and comfortable.

SRH840 latter is warm overall, but clear sounding and a great all rounder. Build quality, isolation, and accessories are above average. The only negative is the heavy headband which can be modded.

Sounds good. Do I need a dedicated sound card in my PC to get the full potential of the headphones, or will the built-in one in the motherboard will do?

quick edit: I checked the prices of the headphones you mentioned, and the prices exceed my budget.. I don't think that I necessarily need high quality headphones like these.
What about the Superlux 668B? I saw a video review about them by Tek Syndicate, and Logan(the reviewer in the video) said that the headphones sound really good for the price and they're also pretty good for gaming because of their bass response or something along those lines.

Mar 17, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #19 of 22
  Sounds good. Do I need a dedicated sound card in my PC to get the full potential of the headphones, or will the built-in one in the motherboard will do?

For the purpose of clean sound or amplification? They don't need amplification from a PC, but like everything you'll hear a difference. But I'm not an expert in soundcards (sorry). I suggest asking @PurpleAngel.

Mar 17, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #21 of 22
  Clean sound I guess, but thanks anyway. Did you see the edit to my previous comment?

I haven't heard any of the Superluxes, though I've read that they're quite good for rock. There are at least two models, and the 668b is the bass heavy one judging from the designation "b" and the FR chart. I wonder if there's a mod to bring up the sub-bass. Ask on the thread how isolating they are because they look semi-open.

HD668b: http://www.headfonia.com/superlux-hd668b/

There's also HD661: http://www.headfonia.com/superlux-hd661/

Mar 17, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #22 of 22

I haven't heard any of the Superluxes, though I've read that they're quite good for rock. There are at least two models, and the 668b is the bass heavy one judging from the designation "b" and the FR chart. I wonder if there's a mod to bring up the sub-bass. Ask on the thread how isolating they are because they look semi-open.

The 668B look pretty good to me, I think I'm gonna buy them(I posted a question about their isolation in the appropriate thread
biggrin.gif
).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back