Need help in choosing IEMs
Sep 9, 2016 at 5:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Glebuzzz

Head-Fier
I'm currently looking for a new pair of IEMs and i need some suggestions. I want to get IEM with detachable cable under 120 usd. I did some googling and i found these models: AD01, Titans 3/5, ATH-IM70, Rose hybrid No 7, Fostex TE-05.
I prefer neutral/neutralish sound, not fatiguing (I like my Macaw GT100, but they have too much sparkle), with good details. I mainly listen to rock music with male vocals.
Want to hear your advices/recommendations for me.
Source: Fiio X3II if this matters.

Sep 9, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #2 of 16
Are detachable cables a must? If not I reccomend the RHA ma750. Wonderful sound, fantastic build, and a 3 year warranty to boot. Only con I could find is they absolutely require a super long burn in time. After three weeks of use though, I am extremely pleased with the sound.

Sep 9, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #4 of 16
If I wanted detachable cables in your price range I would choose the Shure se215 or pay a little more for Westone w10 or um pro 10.

Sep 9, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #5 of 16
Sep 27, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #6 of 16
  If you can wait until they ship, there is a pre-order for the Trinity Atlas Delta Hybrid IEM right now for $80 USD, instead of about $130 USD when they go back to full price. The IEM is fully tunable, Trinity Audio Engineering gets a ton of love here. I have the Phantom Master 4 on pre-order now myself.

https://trinityaudioengineering.com/collections/original-series/products/trinity-atlas-v-ii-hybrid-in-ear-monitor

Hello. I just discovered Trinity and I'm interested in these Delta Hybrid IEMs. But information seems to be scarce. Do you have a sense of how the Atlas Delta Hybrid differs from the Phantom Master 4?

I'm looking to replace a pair of RE-400i iems. My over ears right now are KEF M500. So I've been inclined toward neutral sound. Any details on fit, comfort, and sound would be appreciated. I might pull the trigger on one of these. Thanks.

Sep 27, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #7 of 16
Hello. I just discovered Trinity and I'm interested in these Delta Hybrid IEMs. But information seems to be scarce. Do you have a sense of how the Atlas Delta Hybrid differs from the Phantom Master 4?

I'm looking to replace a pair of RE-400i iems. My over ears right now are KEF M500. So I've been inclined toward neutral sound. Any details on fit, comfort, and sound would be appreciated. I might pull the trigger on one of these. Thanks.

The atlas delta uses a single 7mm dynamic driver and balanced armature combo, whereas the PM4 uses a dual push-pull dynamic driver and dual balanced armature combo. If you post this question on Trinity's thread you may get more details than I can provide:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/796729/trinity-phantom-series-new-thread-worlds-first-push-pull-hybrid-iem/6420#post_12892554

Sep 27, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #8 of 16
The atlas delta uses a single 7mm dynamic driver and balanced armature combo, whereas the PM4 uses a dual push-pull dynamic driver and dual balanced armature combo. If you post this question on Trinity's thread you may get more details than I can provide:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/796729/trinity-phantom-series-new-thread-worlds-first-push-pull-hybrid-iem/6420#post_12892554

Thanks. The thread was so long, I opted to send Bob a PM. Not sure if he answers them.

Oct 8, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #10 of 16
Have you checked the thread and the Trinity audio engineering site? Both have a fair bit of info, and I may be able to answer some questions you may have.

Oct 8, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #11 of 16
Have you checked the thread and the Trinity audio engineering site? Both have a fair bit of info, and I may be able to answer some questions you may have.

Yes. It's quite lengthy. But the questions I have probably cannot be answered since the IEM is not available. Like what the sound signature is like, how it compares to other headphones in the same price range, what the comfort is like and what not. With the discount for the pre-order and the head fi discount it just seems like too good of a deal to pass up and I was wondering if it was to good to be true.

Oct 8, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #12 of 16
Yes. It's quite lengthy. But the questions I have probably cannot be answered since the IEM is not available. Like what the sound signature is like, how it compares to other headphones in the same price range, what the comfort is like and what not. With the discount for the pre-order and the head fi discount it just seems like too good of a deal to pass up and I was wondering if it was to good to be true.

Given Trinity audio's track record I'd say it isn't too good to be true. As far as sound signature goes more than likely it will be slightly v-shaped and most of Trinity's product line punches above its weight class (or so I've heard) so I'm sure it will be every bit as good as if not better than other products in it's price range. (That meaning it's full price of course)

Oct 9, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #13 of 16
Given Trinity audio's track record I'd say it isn't too good to be true. As far as sound signature goes more than likely it will be slightly v-shaped and most of Trinity's product line punches above its weight class (or so I've heard) so I'm sure it will be every bit as good as if not better than other products in it's price range. (That meaning it's full price of course)

What is the audio track record for Trinity like? If I am not mistaken, I thought they had a good track record and made good IEMs in the past. It is fairly hard to tell though since they are still a very new company.

Oct 9, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #14 of 16
What is the audio track record for Trinity like? If I am not mistaken, I thought they had a good track record and made good IEMs in the past. It is fairly hard to tell though since they are still a very new company.

You would not be mistaken. Just look at some of the reviews ontgis site as well as the rest of the internet. The phantom sabre is their first push/pull dynamic and the delta v ii is a 7mm dynamic driver / single BA hybrid. Those would be the two to check out, as I think they are the newest ones. I could be wrong though.
And if you have any questions about the PM4 themselves or anything else feel free to post it to the Trinity phantom thread that is in the sponsor announcements and deals subforum. People there will probably be more helpful than me.

Oct 9, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #15 of 16

The trinity vyrus has interchangable filters so the soundsignature differes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back