Need help in buying the Audio Technica ATH M50
Aug 23, 2012 at 4:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

serein

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone I have read a lot of great reviews about these Audio Technica ATH M50.

Need your expert opinion on these I listen to mainly Vocal and Progressive trance.

I am looking for headphones that have good vocal clarity and bass should not be too high.

The sound should be clear I mean where you could hear all the instruments

Are these okay for that

Thanks

Aug 23, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #3 of 23
Quote:
Hi everyone I have read a lot of great reviews about these Audio Technica ATH M50.

Need your expert opinion on these I listen to mainly Vocal and Progressive trance.

I am looking for headphones that have good vocal clarity and bass should not be too high.

The sound should be clear I mean where you could hear all the instruments

Are these okay for that

Thanks

why not try auditioning an srh840 first..? 

Aug 23, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #4 of 23
maybe a hd598 should be taken into consideration too?

Aug 24, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #5 of 23
http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATHM50S-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B004ZG9TMA/ref=pd_ys_sf_s_172282_a1_1_p Cheap on amazon but the mids/vocals aren't that good on these headphones

Aug 24, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #6 of 23
Check the "Deals" thread here.... $99 at The Sound Professionals

Aug 24, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #7 of 23
Where I'm from (Singapore) the lowest price you can get for the ATH-M50s are ~ US$200 at the lowest. Are they still worth that money? I primarily listen to Hip-Hop/Rap, Pop, so I do like bass, but I would like the headphones to be also very defined and clear. Any suggestions?

Aug 24, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #8 of 23
thanks everyone for your suggestions I dont want to get the sennheiser.  I know that they sound great but want to stay only with audio technica or any other by pioneer.

Is there any recommendation for pioneer within $200.

thanks

Aug 26, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #10 of 23
I am getting confused after reading many reviews on these ATH50's.

Some say that these dont have good vocals clarity and when I read reviews on amazon people say that they have heard sound that they never heard before.

What is this how could there be so difference in the reviews

People please tell me are these good for electronic music.

I am looking for something good in vocal clarity within a budget of $200.

thanks

Aug 26, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #11 of 23
good vocal clarity for under $200? a modded HD558. it does well in electronic but it lacks a little bass extention and sub bass needed for electronic music though the mid bass and refinement of the treble is pretty good too (but it works excelent for me after eq tuning it
biggrin.gif
)

in my opinion i findthe M50 very sibiliant and narrow soundstage,  (the narrow soundstage was a dealbreaker for me) but the bass is good and not overwhelming. its a good headphone still, but in my taste i didnt really favour it

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #13 of 23
Hey people I received my ATH's today and have to say the sound is incredible.

I was especially looking for the vocals and instruments in the sound and they are phenomenally clear in these headphones.

I mean you could really hear every instrument and vocals without any distortion.

They really deserve the praise that they get from people.

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #14 of 23
Well, the M50 as a closed headphone has rather punchy bass, and slightly light on mids

Users who are viewing this thread

Back