Need help identifying resistor
Feb 7, 2007 at 2:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Troyhoot

Head-Fier
I think it is a 30 ohm resistor. But i would like some conformation. Also would like to know if I should replace more then just the resistor.

This is my first project before I build myself a headphone amp. It is a car amp but I figured y'all could answer this easy stuff
smily_headphones1.gif

Also is a picture of some cold joints I need to fix that I found when I took this apart.

Thanks in advance.

Feb 7, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #2 of 6
If its orange-black-black, then yes, its 30 ohm. Resistors don't usually just burn up... something else caused it. Those two caps look suspicious... kinda bulging or lumpy.

Feb 7, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #3 of 6
there is a peace sign like indention in the top of those caps. They also have a gold film stuck on top for show. The top of the amp is clear so they are just cosmetic. They feel flat to the touch with just little indention where the lines are. All the caps in the amp have those same peace sign indentions on top.

I can remove those films and take some more pics if needed.

Feb 8, 2007 at 10:22 PM Post #4 of 6
going to change the 4 caps, the burnt resistor and fix all the cold joints.

I want to change 4 of the little blue with 1 black line parts. But between me and a few others we cant figure out what they are. If someone could give me a hint it would be much appreciated.

Feb 8, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #5 of 6
Those are jumpers (0 ohm resistors). I would seriously doubt these are bad...
Have you got schematics for this? If not, I would seriously consider trying to get some. What are the TO-220 devices (the 3 legged ones)? Output transistors? VRegulators?

Feb 8, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #6 of 6
two of those caps had leaked onto 4 of those 0 ohm resistors and eaten away at the legs. 1 of them was almost eaten all the way through. That is why i was going to change those out. We thought they might be resistor but since it only had bar we were not sure.

I bought this amp probably 15-18 years ago. I have no clue the manufacturer and I cant find any identifier markings on the board itself. I was just wanting to see if i could fix it and get some experience soldering small parts and testing parts.

here is a full front and back pic though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back