Need help from European head-fiers about EU taxes
Apr 1, 2013 at 9:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

AmberOzL

Headphoneus Supremus
So guys I am willing to get a DAP from China, it will be shipped from China and enter EU region. How much I will have to pay for extra custom taxes and all these things. Is there a stabil percentage about the value of the product? If someone can explain, it would be much appreciated.

DAP's I am considering is iHifi960 and QLS QA350 Mod V2. Also could be good if you have experience with them.

It is hard to find DAP in EU as if you can't pay more than 500 euros basicly. If the custom taxes are so scary, I can go Colorfly C3.

PS: I am not sure if it is the correct place to open this thread, if not please forgive and inform me.

Apr 1, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #2 of 8
Customs duties are not controlled by the EU, but per country.

Here in the Netherlands it's a fixed fee of up to +/- €17 depending on the value of the goods + the regular 21% VAT over the total value of the goods + the cost of shipping them.

Additional fees and/or fines can be applied if the shipping and/or customs documents are not in order.

Sounds pretty bad huh? Yet ordering from abroad is often much cheaper than buying from a dutch vendor.

Apr 1, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #3 of 8
Thank you for the answer man. I am in Belgium and the problem is, we don't have these things in local shops so only way is to get them online. As you can see it is rather problematic. Do you think I should and pay huge amount of money or just basicly go for something I can find locally like C3?

Apr 1, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #4 of 8
VAT and import duty for Belgium is easily discoverable via Google and there are dedicated websites that work these things out for you. VAT is flat. Import duty will depend on how your country categorises the item.

As for whether or not you should import, that is only ever a personal decision. Understand if you buy something not available in the EU then you need to verify the return / warranty repair position. You could be paying hefty return shipping for example.

Apr 9, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
Customs duties are not controlled by the EU, but per country.

Here in the Netherlands it's a fixed fee of up to +/- €17 depending on the value of the goods + the regular 21% VAT over the total value of the goods + the cost of shipping them.

Additional fees and/or fines can be applied if the shipping and/or customs documents are not in order.

Sounds pretty bad huh? Yet ordering from abroad is often much cheaper than buying from a dutch vendor.

+1

But, if your are lucky guy, you could pass over the custom duty. Here in France, on eBay with the dealer Bigbargainonline, I don't have payed custom duties. 
Look on european forum, or french forums, if you ask you will probably find easily a Colorfly C3.

Apr 9, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
+1

But, if your are lucky guy, you could pass over the custom duty. Here in France, on eBay with the dealer Bigbargainonline, I don't have payed custom duties. 
Look on european forum, or french forums, if you ask you will probably find easily a Colorfly C3.

C3 has already a distributor in my region that's not a problem but buying it from e-Bay Hong Kong is waaaay much cheaper. Anyway no need to make calculations anymore, I am going to get Fiio X3 since they have official distributors in my region it will be easy.

Also, I do live in Belgium but I am not Belgian, I can't speak French for example :) I am a master student in here and making plans to staying in here not returning to old junkyard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back