Need help finding magnets for DIY planar headphones
Dec 24, 2019 at 4:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Tjj226 Angel

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone. Im hoping some of you might be able to help me out.

I am looking for some neodymium magnets for a diy set of planar headphones. Ideally I would like to find something that is around 1/8thx1/8th/6 inches. While the specific size isn't a huge issue, I would like the magnets to be long square and thin.

I have found such magnets from suppliers in the UK, but I am not coming up with anything decent in the US. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Oct 30, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #2 of 3
I'm obviously seeing this a bit late, but I like K & J Magnetics. All kinds of shapes, strengths, and coatings. How has your project gone?

Jan 10, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #3 of 3
Hello everyone. Im hoping some of you might be able to help me out.

I am looking for some neodymium magnets for a diy set of planar headphones. Ideally I would like to find something that is around 1/8thx1/8th/6 inches. While the specific size isn't a huge issue, I would like the magnets to be long square and thin.

I have found such magnets from suppliers in the UK, but I am not coming up with anything decent in the US. Any thoughts are appreciated.
SM Magnetics has been reliable in terms of support and sales. I’m planning on modding my pair of Avantone Planars to have metal baffles instead of the stock plastic ones. Make sure that you choose something like N52H or N52SH because your dimensions are quite small and you’ll run the risk of demagnetization if those magnets are forced too close to one another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back