Need Help Finding Headphones
Dec 22, 2012 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Rupp

New Head-Fier
So I've been wanting a nice pair of headphones for a while now. I avoided getting beats for a while and I'm glad I did after seeing all the reviews and all the other types of headphones. However, now I can't decide which ones to get because I want the best ones for the amount of money I'm willing to spend.Also I am new to the site so I may not understand all the terminology. I've been reading reviews for about three days now and can't decide. 

So I'll start with what I mainly listen to:
- country, alternative, some pop (mainstream), some hip hop on occasion, classical/instrumental 

What I would like:
- good clear crisp sound
- good solid bass, not overbearing but not nonexistent 
- comfortable: want to be able to wear for multiple hours
- no amp required: want to be able to just plug into my computer or ipod or phone and have good quality
- my budget is around $300 
- sound isolating
- close back
- portable: i dont need or want massive cans on my head
- good all around headphone for improved listening in all genres and bass when needed

Headphones I've been looking into: 
- Sennheiser HD 598
- ATH-M50s
- Sony MDR-R1
- V-moda m100
- V-moda LP2
- Ultrasone HFi 780 or 580 (cant decide)
- possibly a Beyerdynamic model 
- Sennheiser Momentum or Amperior
- any other suggestions are allowed 

Thanks for the help- I really need it

Dec 26, 2012 at 5:43 AM Post #4 of 5
I use my HD 598 at home as my daily headphones great buy, but not portable.
My daily driver from my wide selection of headphones are my ATH M50's I mean, They're compact, AMAZING sound highs mids bass,
closed back and portable!

I would go with the ath m50's a great buy and you can find them cheap, or even Logitech UE's are very well balanced headphones, a bit more pricey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back