need help finding good universal fir earphones
Sep 10, 2010 at 9:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Frankk

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I'm looking for a new pair of earphones to update to. I have a pair of turbine by monster and i find them way too bass driven and the highs are sketchy. I'm looking for a pair of headphones with a flatter response rate. I listen to classical and vocal music most of the time. I want a pair of earphone what has crystal clear high and if possible, warm boosted mids with good noise isolation and normal or smaller bass. I have $350 to spend. 
Are there any earphone out there that focus on the highs and mids instead of deep bass?
dt880smile.png

Sep 10, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #2 of 2
It sounds like you'd like the Audio Technica CK10, which will be in your budget and have pretty ecstatic reviews - both for the sound, and their build quality, comfort and noise isolation. I have the CK90Pros, which are like their darker, thicker brother, if the sound of the CK10 sounds too treble orientated for you then I'd recommend them for a bit of a chestier mid sound. Other then that, the DBA-02. You might get recommended the RE0, but the mids are slightly recessed on those. 

If noise isolation is a huge factor for you, you could look at getting anything from the Etymotic series, like the ER-4P.

Welcome to Head Fi btw :) Sorry for your wallet.

An amazing resource for new comers is joker's huge IEM comparison, where you'll find reviews of all the earphones I just mentioned:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-105-iems-compared-phiaton-ps210-yamaha-eph-50-pioneer-clx50-added-09-08

Users who are viewing this thread

Back