Need help finding a Amp Switcher for 4x Amp & DAC's combo's & 2x Sources
Apr 19, 2024 at 11:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

chrisyak

Head-Fier
I own 4 headphone amps with 4 DACs and would like to easily switch between them without constantly moving cables. My goal is to compare Amps/DACs, headphones, and switch amps for regular listening.

Ideally, I'd connect the switcher to one or two sources ( PC & Smartphone).

I googled very hard but to be honest I am unsure of a device that does this. So I did not have the most educated experience on what to search for which led me to a few products which may totally be wrong. I seen speaker switchers which I do not believe would work. I seen some lin switchers that look like their controlled by RCA. I also seen some switchers that use XLR.

I assume that there's probably a few factors into using an amp switcher that I potentially left out. So I thought I would come to the experts. Google is not an expert in audio equipment.

Here are a few devices I've found that might work but some of them don't seem to have enough connection s except for the Luxman.

Luxman AS-44: High-quality selector

LinkBone8×8 Matrix XLR switch

Kramer VS-4X: Pro-grade XLR switcher

Douk Audio 1(5)-in-5(1)-Out XLR Selector Box Audio Switcher 5-Way Splitter for Amplifier (1-IN-5-OUT)

Manley SKIPJACK = Too Expensive.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Apr 20, 2024 at 3:23 AM Post #2 of 4
I own 4 headphone amps with 4 DACs and would like to easily switch between them without constantly moving cables. My goal is to compare Amps/DACs, headphones, and switch amps for regular listening.

Ideally, I'd connect the switcher to one or two sources ( PC & Smartphone).

I googled very hard but to be honest I am unsure of a device that does this. So I did not have the most educated experience on what to search for which led me to a few products which may totally be wrong. I seen speaker switchers which I do not believe would work. I seen some lin switchers that look like their controlled by RCA. I also seen some switchers that use XLR.

I assume that there's probably a few factors into using an amp switcher that I potentially left out. So I thought I would come to the experts. Google is not an expert in audio equipment.

Here are a few devices I've found that might work but some of them don't seem to have enough connection s except for the Luxman.

Luxman AS-44: High-quality selector

LinkBone8×8 Matrix XLR switch

Kramer VS-4X: Pro-grade XLR switcher

Douk Audio 1(5)-in-5(1)-Out XLR Selector Box Audio Switcher 5-Way Splitter for Amplifier (1-IN-5-OUT)

Manley SKIPJACK = Too Expensive.

Thanks in advance for your help!
You gotta make up your mind instead of having it all through one box.

If you want cheap: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R1XCNHG?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
1. They have 1 DAC to 3 Amp XLR.
2. They also have 3 DAC to 1 amp XLR.
3. If you want rca then search for it separately.

Basically you want something that doesn’t introduce extra electricity to the mix.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 5:08 AM Post #3 of 4
You gotta make up your mind instead of having it all through one box.

If you want cheap: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R1XCNHG?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
1. They have 1 DAC to 3 Amp XLR.
2. They also have 3 DAC to 1 amp XLR.
3. If you want rca then search for it separately.

Basically you want something that doesn’t introduce extra electricity to the mix.
So here is what I need to connect:

4x Amps or 5 Amps Max
4x Dacs or 5 Dacs Max
2x Sources or 3 Sources ( PC, Smartphone)

Don't want electrical interference.

I don't want to cheap out but don't want to pay a arm and leg. However, it has over 10K of equipment connected and does not include the headphones.

Maybe should buy a power cable and or line conditor and plug into surge protector.

Apr 20, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #4 of 4
So here is what I need to connect:

4x Amps or 5 Amps Max
4x Dacs or 5 Dacs Max
2x Sources or 3 Sources ( PC, Smartphone)

Don't want electrical interference.

I don't want to cheap out but don't want to pay a arm and leg. However, it has over 10K of equipment connected and does not include the headphones.

Maybe should buy a power cable and or line conditor and plug into surge protector.
You should. The sound is better with power conditioner supposedly.
Your setup is rather convoluted. You need to just hire someone to build a DIY switch box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back