Need help fast on part choice ! Urgent, for today.
Nov 13, 2008 at 4:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

larryminator

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I'm buying some computer part today, since I don't think these will be on special on the boxing day.

I need to know, what kind of memory do I take? DDR3 or DDR2? DDR 3 1066? DDR3 1600? DDR3 1800? Which one is the best? I'm looking mainly at the OCZ brand to I would appreciate if you could point me a nice product with 4gb at the best quality/$.

I'll wait for the graphic card and motherboard, the price are stable for those.

I'll be going for a OCZ PSU and I'll check for the price/benefit for each.

Can someone help me fast please for the memory?

Thanks

Nov 13, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #2 of 9
Go to Newegg. They have a memory configuring app.

Nov 13, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by larryminator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, what's the benefit from 600w to 700w PSU? What does more w means in terms of performance?

Ok took the 600w. Don't need the 700w.

Nov 13, 2008 at 4:49 PM Post #5 of 9
Also, what's your suggestion for motherboard?

I need a ATX one with Quad core capability, so HDMI needed or 7.1 channel output, just excellent performance (I'll have a good soundcard and graphic card) and best quality/$ ratio.

Nov 13, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by larryminator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, what's the benefit from 600w to 700w PSU? What does more w means in terms of performance?

fyi the wattage doesn't change performance it just means how many devices you can connect to that PS.

Nov 13, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #7 of 9
I'll second the recommendation to Newegg. I haven't been "up" on computer stuff for a few years - the landscape changes every few months and I only get up to speed every three years or so when I go in for a new build.

But when I do, I go to Newegg, read through their products and take the time to read individual reviews of products. If something has a couple hundred strong reviews, I buy it. Don't pay attention to the overclockers whining about burning out boards, etc.

Also, I've bought memory from Memory upgrades, flash media, and usb storage at Crucial.com for years. So has my brother-in-law. Zero problems, zero failures for either of us. It's not the cheapest memory out there, but is always in the ballpark and (in my opinion) worth the few extra dollars. They also have configuration tools to help you find what you need.

Nov 13, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #8 of 9
Which motherboard do you recommend for ATX, no HDMI, no 7.1 sound, just good performance and great price.

Also, what memory do you recommend in the OCZ brand.

Finally, which CPU do you recommend?

Thanks

Nov 13, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #9 of 9
Really if you want good, and REALY fast advice in this realm head over to hardforum.com

Good luck
wink.gif
--- No it isn't bad. It's the forum for HardOCP.com <---No that's not bad either. Just trust me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back