Need help equalizing UE 6000
Jan 20, 2013 at 4:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mpawluk91

1000+ Head-Fier
I just got done burning in my ue 6000 but I really would love to have these eq'd properly, I use rockbox so it's a 5 band eq. Looking mostly a flat response and then I'll tweak to my liking. I just don't have the right equipment and its tough by ear. Seeing as a lot of u guys have these I figured someone has done it or has the ability to,
Thanks a million

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #3 of 6
I'm in no way an audiophile or anything similar, but I did tweak the EQ of Mac OS for listening my UE6000 to the sound I found comfortable, and this is what I set: http://d.pr/i/435n

I know that someone with a good ear can tweak those EQ settings much better. So I'm throwing my settings to receive recommendations too. 

Thanks!

Jan 29, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
I just got done burning in my ue 6000 but I really would love to have these eq'd properly, I use rockbox so it's a 5 band eq. Looking mostly a flat response and then I'll tweak to my liking. I just don't have the right equipment and its tough by ear. Seeing as a lot of u guys have these I figured someone has done it or has the ability to,
Thanks a million

Heya,

You start with either using your ear, or if your ear isn't up to that job and don't have the experience, use a frequency response graph to get an idea of where the peaks and troughs might be so that you can equalize based on that.

Link to frequency response of the UE6000 per InnerFidelity.

Notice around 180~190hz, there's a dip. So raise that a touch.
Notice from 200hz to 1khz there's a gentle scoop going down. If you want flat, you'll want to raise those a touch.
Notice in the treble, those spikes. Just look where are in hz or khz, and drop those down a touch.

That's a start.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back