Need help deciding!
Nov 10, 2010 at 7:07 AM Post #3 of 4
The problem a lot of people who may have looked at this thread and not responded will have is the notion of there being no audible difference between the cx400 (cheap iem's which can be outclassed by $20) and some of the most well respected portable cans out there. For a start where did you buy them from and for how much? Are you sure they are genuine? Also how long have you listened to them. Regardless of whether you are wowed by the sound of a new pair of headphones or not listen to them for a few days. If you go back to the cx400's after that and still hear no difference then this forum is pretty much powerless to help. If you're set on a pair of iems for rock and trance with a strong bass presence i'd recommend the earsonics sm3. If, however, you want cx400 levels of bass (a helluva lot) then i'm sure many would recommend the ie8. (I haven't heard them myself so get some other opinions before shelling out masses of cash.

Also, not everyone on head-fi has mind bogglingly expensive rigs. My earsonics set me back £130 used off these forums and my dap cost me about £100 over 3 years ago. (although I have a few others bought off the bay).

If your new cans are genuine there should be a night and day difference in sound, put one of your favourite cd's in a player and play it to your new headphones. There are many reasons they could be sounding bad but even if they are they will sound different to the cx400's. I'd be very wary about purchasing anything else for big bucks if you can't hear a difference. Maybe used is the way to go so all you'll lose is postage costs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back