Need help deciding if Youtube video damaged new headphones
Jan 11, 2013 at 9:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

FayBeeAn

New Head-Fier
Hi!  

So first off, I'm new to the forums, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place and if I'm not using the right terms.

Secondly, I just got a pair of V-Moda M-80s, and I'm loving them so far!  However, I was watching videos on youtube, and this video had broken audio that had a crackling and popping sound on the left side audio.  I didn't notice anything wrong with my headphones after that, but at this point, I don't know how to tell for sure.

Here's the link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95BUIpTmxUw
(Proceed at your own risk I guess)

If anyone can help me get a good idea of if something might be wrong, or if the drivers might be slightly damaged, I'd appreciate it!

-FayBeean

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #3 of 7
What I meant was I was wondering if the bad sound from the video could damage my drivers?  Sorry, I'm kind of new to audio gear so I'm a little antsy after getting these headphones, haha.

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
To me, they sound fine, but like I said, I'm not well versed in 'sound' like most of you guys, and my left ear is kind of bad anyways... :/

Never mind.

I wouldn't worry about it. The drivers are more than capable of producing sounds in the audio spectrum, however badly recorded, as long as the volume wasn't at some horrible level.

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
To me, they sound fine, but like I said, I'm not well versed in 'sound' like most of you guys, and my left ear is kind of bad anyways... :/

Never mind.

It's all good, there are no dumb question's, just dumb answer's, so it's no big deal to be shure your headphone's are alright!!! If your left ear isn't so good just listen to both L/Rt with the right ear and hear how it sound's. You should be able to hear the high's clearly and the mid's clearly and the bass should sound smooth without any crackling or distortion. Listen to something you are very familiar with through both driver's (speaker's) with your right ear to hear everything sound good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back