Need help deciding headphones for TRANCE (<$100 budget)
Dec 8, 2008 at 7:44 AM Post #31 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However, what I tried to point out was those five headphones are not able to adequately represent that bass AND sound stage of that music, while other headphones in this price range exist that can do a much better job.

In pointing this out I am not suggesting basshead headphones for the OP or for trance. Again, if only wanting to listen to part of what's presented in this music, I suggest the SR80, AD700, HD280, HD555, or RX700. Otherwise, there surely are better options in this price range. And as I pointed out before, this music does at times incorporate a deep pounding bass. Again, I am not suggesting basshead headphones as a better option, simply headphones that can adequately represent this part of the music and its sound stage.

So far you suggested which headphones are NOT good for OP. Could you please post the names of those "better options in this price range" ? I still can't find them posted here.

Thank you.

Dec 14, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #34 of 36
Grados are fantastic, but they might not have enough bass.

Dec 14, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #35 of 36
Grados are the last headphones I'd use for trance to be honest, unless you like a gritty sounding, bright headphone with no deep bass.

Someone suggested the DT440. I used to have the DT531, and the DT440 went on to replace those. For the price, I think they were very good for trance music. Not the deepest bass, but a nice sound for the genre. Made it very enjoyable.

Dec 14, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #36 of 36
Remember people, trance = bass and crisp highs, with few mids.
It's myth that trance and all electronic music is purely bass, which is totally wrong.

Another myth is that gaming requires bass in a headphone, which is wrong (audio positioning and soundstage [in order of importance] are more important in a gaming headphone than bass).

Applied to here, the AD700 would no doubt satisfy the crisp highs of trance but lacks in bass (without a bassy source, with a bassy source = great for trance).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back